What is taking my time now..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilda

Reaction score
North East Tennessee, Z6 , Sunroom, flourecent lig
I am a "Mama" again to a 9 month old Maltipoo named Zoe.:smitten: It is truly like having a toddler in the house again ! She is a joy to have around and won our hearts over in 24 hours, but she does take my time away from the computer & orchids. I'm still here and still growing orchids, just a bit preoccupied right now.:D

Attachments

• P1060366 (640x480) (480x360) (380x285).jpg
    P1060366 (640x480) (480x360) (380x285).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 39
She's a darling ragamuffin. That coat is going to be hellacious to keep
brushed and combed. I've seen this cross with a sort of modified Cocker Spaniel cut and they look adorable, keeps hair out of eyes and makes grooming sooooo much easier. Trust me on this Gilda, I have five long-
haired dogs and do a lot of grooming. The cut leaves the tail alone and leaves a beard and mustache, but cuts the body short and the legs just
tidied up a bit. The head isn't shaved, but tidied up to keep hair out of her eyes. Both
Poodles and Malts. have a tendency to eye infections if the fur isn't kept neat around the
eyes.

She's a darling ragamuffin. That coat is going to be hellacious to keep
brushed and combed. I've seen this cross with a sort of modified Cocker Spaniel cut and they look adorable, keeps hair out of eyes and makes grooming sooooo much easier. Trust me on this Gilda, I have five long-
haired dogs and do a lot of grooming. The cut leaves the tail alone and leaves a beard and mustache, but cuts the body short and the legs just
tidied up a bit. The head isn't shaved, but tidied up to keep hair out of her eyes. Both
Poodles and Malts. have a tendency to eye infections if the fur isn't kept neat around the
eyes.

Yes she is high maintence !! Her fur grows a mile a minute. I clipped her really short about a month ago , leaving the tail and head ,and it is already needing it again. This photo was taken right after we got her. She was 6 months old, she is now 9 mo.
She is very good about grooming..loves to be brushed and goes to sleep while I'm cutting her. Tolerates when I have to give her a "brazillian" trim :rollhappy:
I saw pics of her with a poodle cut and she looked awful. I do keep the hair trimmed around her eyes...I love seeing those big brown peepers. She is worth the extra care she needs :smitten:

Very Cute Gilda!!

I can relate to the time factor with dogs. My wife has been very active with dog rescue, and we have been fostering a new dog almost monthly.

Latest posts

Back