what is s/h (and any other common abbreviations?)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TLC = tender loving care...unless there is some other meaning!
It is nice to see the post I started is helping people!

Thank you both!!!
I also wanted some explanations when I joined the forum, but I had to figure them out from the meaning of the posts... (not that if I asked, members wouldn't answer me!!) So this thread is very helpful, at least for me...:D An abbreviation glossary!!! Thanks...!!!

A friend of mine is a retired Episcopal priest. He was telling us the other day about another priest friend of his who was beginning to text back-and-forth with his teenage daughter. Apparently she likes to add "LOL" to a lot of her responses, and her dad took it to mean "Love of the Lord", so used it when he responded to her, too.

OK. That's pretty sweet, and I suppose we can forgive him of his "biased" interpretation, but he started using it in all of his other communications, as well - such as condolence letters to bereaved families and the like.

And let's not forget the worst case acronym DOA: Dead on arrival! I've been there too. :sob:

there was a story on this american life recently about a dad and his son who would instant message. the dad though lol mean 'lots of love'
can't seem to find it.... checked tal's site as well as the site from the moth, as i think it started there....

Latest posts

Back