What is Mexipedium xerophyticum 'Fairy Slippers?'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon in SW Ohio said:
Since nearly all Mexipediums in cultivation come from the couple plants removed from the wild, I would say it is a either the cross you mention or a selfing of one of them.

Jon
Good to know. Thanks.

Since I am here and saw the subject of Mexipedium, please indulge me a small hijacking to clear up a point on Mexipedium that I have repeatedly seen mis-stated (not here, but on other forums over the years). The plants brought into the US to the MBG had legitimate CITES scientific paperwork. All the plants propagated from them are legitimate. Why this particular person repeatedly tries to state otherwise is beyond me, but then again he makes lots of other blatantly incorrect, sometimes to the level of comic statements.

Well, if I tried to keep up with all of the crackpots in the orchid world, I would have a fulltime job. :)

Did anyone ask Marilyn about this subject? I would love to hear the explanation of Fairy Slippers from her, even moreso if she would actually post here.

Latest posts

Back