What is it?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone

Reaction score
Yet another seedling which turned out to be a stupid hybrid instead of the micranthum it was supposed to be! But what should I call it? It's much yellower in reality.

Yet another seedling which turned out to be a stupid hybrid instead of the micranthum it was supposed to be!

OMG...my most heartfelt commiserations! With these plants, you must have waited for ages - and then it turns out to be not exactly, what you excpected :eek::confused::mad::mad:

Although, without the blemish on the pouch, it seems to be a most beautifull hybrid - it is not micrantum. And that's what matters, if you expected it to be! I would have been livid, if after waiting for 7 months (not to speak of the time spent cultivating it), my malipoense had turned out to be something else. Well, if I was the vendor, I would praise myself a lucky man, if being outside your reach! ;)

Kind regards - and loads of empathy!
Jens

Last edited:
This kind of mix up is why I quit growing Paphs. I don't blame
you for being pissed, Mike. It's a pretty Paph., but that does't
make up for not getting what you paid for.

Tom did you see the link Hien posted? The plant from HiLo has the same stami, unless its miss IDed.
Not counting that Mike's plant is a multi generation complex hybrid, I think the chance for it to be Fumi Delight's is higher than that is a Wossner China Moon .
There are these Wossner China Moon & Fumi's Delight side by side in Sunset valley pictures.
http://picdeer.org/place/682924855237433 (scroll down , middle of the page)
The thing is most if not all of the Wossner China Moon flowers have larger petals in proportion to the pouch (this trait is from hangianum parent)

Back