What is it?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baodai

Reaction score
picture 1: compare BS unknow paph with helenae
Picture 2 & 3: unknow paph
picture 4: reference size

It is from Vietnam near Lao border, There is no helenae around so don't even think about it, It is smallest paph I had ever seen. compare with paph helenae, it is 1/3 size of helenae .... what the heck is this ?
thanks,
BD

Attachments

• DSC05042.jpg
    DSC05042.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC05044.jpg
    DSC05044.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC05046.jpg
    DSC05046.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC05050.jpg
    DSC05050.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 30
It would be quite a bit easier to answer your question if you would provide us a picture of the flower.

Some time ago there was a photo on the forum of a very small flower that someone was holding on the palm of his hand. I tried to locate the thread, but could not find it. (I hope someone can point us to the thread) Is this not perhaps the plant the flower belongs to? I spoke to Olaf Gruss two weeks ago in Durban where he gave lectures at our national show and conference and if I understood him correctly this particular plant has not been seen again and not described yet. Let us hope we can get some comment from Olaf.

picture 1: compare BS unknow paph with helenae
Picture 2 & 3: unknow paph
picture 4: reference size

It is from Vietnam near Lao border, There is no helenae around so don't even think about it, It is smallest paph I had ever seen. compare with paph helenae, it is 1/3 size of helenae .... what the heck is this ?
thanks,
BD

It is coccineum, They come from the Son La - Dien Bien area... I got several plants like that last year, very nice flowers...

As for the small flower in the palm of one man that was floating around on internet, it is a fake, immature coccineum flower buds opened mechanically, nothing to care about.

It is coccineum, They come from the Son La - Dien Bien area... I got several plants like that last year, very nice flowers...

As for the small flower in the palm of one man that was floating around on internet, it is a fake, immature coccineum flower buds opened mechanically, nothing to care about.
I thought the immature flowers peeled open looked more like purpuratum then anything else.

Latest posts

Back