What I did wrong?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luca69

Reaction score
I lost the flowering of a paphio Karl Ploberger (bellatulum x hangianum). Is first time that I lose a bud at this level of development. Something I have lost them at the initial stage of development, often caused by drops of water in the greenhouse. Someone can help me to understand where I did wrong??
b6f766a8ebefc03bedba1448ae2e71e8.jpg

sometimes it just happens. looks like the plant is healthy so you should get another chance in a couple years.

With this pattern I might suspect mechanical damage, especially if the plant was moved. With a heavy bud like this, any bump might cause damage at the base of the flower or the base of the ovary, the weak points of support, and it spreads from there.

I hate it when this happens.
My Paph. bellatulum bud blasted after a very long wait (4 months in bud, is that normal??). It was like this one, very close to open up, but then the whole thing turned brown. Oh, well...

Your new fan looks decent size and you should see it flower not too far in the future.
Good luck!

Back