Quantcast

What happen to the Edit feature

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Hien

Reaction score
I don't always see the edit feature any more (was I wrong, or it indeed had been changed/)
I thought that the best feature to have in comparison to other forums that do not have it.
I for once like it, for a few reasons.
1) It is good to be able to edit your post at any time to refine the idea, the sentence etc..
2) For example, If I post my collection , I can go back & edit it to input new plants or delete plants no longer own, instead of create so many posts & threads at time goes.

Last edited:

Hien

Reaction score
Heather said:
Hien, I think you have half an hour to edit your posts. I will look into it but there are reasons that we don't have unlimited editing. That's the same at most forums.
Maybe , I was confused, But I could swear, in the past, there were posts that I came back very much later, and still have that edit button (I did thought to myself "wow", that I like it so much)
Perhaps the feature is not consistent, and sometimes you just luck out that it is still there longer?

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
You have 24 hours.

From the admin control settings:

Time Limit on Editing of Posts = 1440
Time limit (in minutes) to impose on editing of messages. After this time limit only moderators will be able edit or delete the message. 1 day is 1440 minutes.

Hien

Reaction score
Thanks Heather,
That explains why it seems to be longer than other forums. Great.:)

Latest posts