What do I have here?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.K.Hansen

Reaction score
It's bought as Harold Koopowitz, but I have very little faith in that company, so I doubt it.
It has a leafspan of 70 cm, so it's by far my largest plant šŸ˜€
Anybody have a guess on what it is? The leaves are slightly mottled, but I think it's far too big to be what they claim.
I'll know soon, but the suspence is killing me šŸ˜
The spike is growing quite fast.

51290177275_e745163deb_c.jpg

51289336648_06f60dc979_c.jpg

Last edited:
Might be a MK....size of the plant is appropriate and they can have mottled leaves. The leaves of my plant are more intensely mottled but this might be a feature of this plant.
I agree. Mine (Michael Koopowitz) is getting large. I understand a large leaf span is necessary before first bloom. I just thought that mild mottling was caused by high light, but maybe it has it too.

Last edited:
supposed to be a rothscildianum hybrid, and the pics showed a Harold Koopowitz.
But as said, I don't think they know what they are talking about.

Last edited:
It's bought as Harold Koopowitz, but I have very little faith in that company, so I doubt it.
It has a leafspan of 70 cm, so it's by far my largest plant šŸ˜€
Anybody have a guess on what it is? The leaves are slightly mottled, but I think it's far too big to be what they claim.
I'll know soon, but the suspence is killing me šŸ˜
The spike is growing quite fast.

51290177275_e745163deb_c.jpg

51289336648_06f60dc979_c.jpg
Great-looking plant.

Looks nothing like the MK I currently have in bud at the same stage. It has lots of red in it which yours doesn't. The only way you can tell what that is, is to flower it. We will find out soon enough.

Latest posts

Back