what a difference 10 days makes (Dendrobium farmeri)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
these pictures were taken ~ 10-11 days apart. fantastic species putting on quite a show.

IMG_4780.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

That is an awesome well grown plant Pete.

I have a palbabrum (?spelling) with a single open spike. Not sure if there is any real difference in this and farmeri (except your plant kicks butt on mine:eek:)

Beautiful!!!You must drink a lot of wine to repot all your plants!hihihihi

thanks all. selfing of this plant already growing in the greenhouse...

Beautiful!!!You must drink a lot of wine to repot all your plants!hihihihi

yes! and it becomes even more expensive as many companys do not use real cork corks any more! alas, i have plenty friends who run or work at italian places and bars that save corks for me. Ive found in recent years that all of my vandaceous, as well as most of my aggressively rooting Cattleyas and dendrobiums grow best on a mount or just in an empty pot or pot filled with (real) wine corks.

yes! and it becomes even more expensive as many companys do not use real cork corks any more! alas, i have plenty friends who run or work at italian places and bars that save corks for me. Ive found in recent years that all of my vandaceous, as well as most of my aggressively rooting Cattleyas and dendrobiums grow best on a mount or just in an empty pot or pot filled with (real) wine corks.

I'll try to improve my wine drinking to try your technique:rollhappy:(easy,I am in Italy),but I think to my plants will lack Hawaian climate...
I also grow + half of my plants now mounted and also trying new Taiwanese technique growing seedlings of Paphs without nothing...

Here's a pic of the similar (or same?) species that I have. D.palpebrae.

The last blooming actually had more pink flowers that were not as flat and open as this blooming. (supposedly the difference between farmerii and palpebrae).
Palpebrae6_23_12.jpg

Up close you can see its one of those fuzzy lip Dendros.

Latest posts

Back