What’s happening here

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d spray it with Physan-20 and put it in a shady area... maybe it will put up a new growth and you be able to save it. I’ve saved worse but no guarantees of course. Here’s a recent example:7C3E1515-3EA0-4E8D-81F8-296CD390A5E4.jpeg

Lots of people selling it online. I got mine from a garden center. Commonly used to prevent dampening off in seedlings. (I also use it when I deflask... )

Eek! It does look microwaved. Likely those zones will get soft and decay. I’d be standing by with a razor blade to trim them off at a moments notice. It’s good sign that there was new growth below the clear zones burnt. And it highly suggests exposure to something external that it has clear zone lines

More details are likely needed here ----- as in history. Eg. was the orchid in that growing area for a long time? Or did it just arrive, such as by shipping. And if it was in the growing area for a long time, then were there any relatively fast temperature changes, or was there any extreme temperature event (cold event, or very hot event). etc.

At this time, I agree. Maybe could apply some systematic ------ no guarantees. Eg. copper spray.

The bark looks a bit dry there too.

Latest posts

Back