Wes Anderson Movies

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PHRAG

Is anyone else a HUGE fan of Wes Anderson films like Rushmore, The Royal Tennenbaums and Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou?

They are truth, mixed with dry wit and a healthy dose of sunshine wrapped in bacon. If you have ever seen them, you will know what I am talking about.

Max Fischer: The truth is, neither one of us has the slightest idea where this relationship is going. We can't predict the future.
Rosemary Cross: We don't have a relationship.
Max Fischer: But we're friends.
Rosemary Cross: Yes, and that's all we're *going* to be. Well, yes...
Max Fischer: That's all I meant by "relationship." You want me to grab a dictionary?

Scientist: [regarding the shark Zissou is hunting] What would be the scientific purpose of killing it?
Steve Zissou: Revenge.

Yes!!! I LOVE Rushmore, it's one of my favorites movies. Bill Murray is fantastic along with Jason Scwartzman, and my favorite part is when they start to battle it out, and Bill Murray attacks Max's bike.

The Life Aquatic hits home with me because I used to have these dreams of going underwater as a child as watch fish swim by... maybe I should have majored in marine biology instead of English Literature; if I had, I might have been able to get a job by now. :(

Ah Tien, you do understand. My favorite part of Rushmore are the play scenes where they are walking on stage with M-16's and had explosions. High school theater with explosions... Ha ha ha.

The true joy of Wes Anderson films is that they are so ludicrous, they become normal. Some people find them boring because of that. Real life is insane, and that is funny. Wes Anderson just catches it on film and adds some sparkle to it.

Latest posts

Back