Wentworthianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi all, i noticed the seedpod was very swollen already so took a look and i believe it has selfed itself with the polliniae bending forwards and making contact, i have therefore taken some of the other pollen and added it. i got the plant a little while ago as i had a milestone birthday and thought id treat myself.

Happy birthaday, very nice present I think.I grow mine for 4 years.It lives in deep forest but grows always on trunks or roots of trees its roots are covered by only a little moss.It produces always only few roots so the golden rule is very important at this sp., every root is a treasure.In GH it needs a lot of air in pots, I grow mine in 25 mm orchiata bark and 10 mm pumice mix, 1:1 v/v.It needs constantly high humidity, at least 75 %, but 85-90 is ideal.Safer to let its pot dry, roots can rot easily.

Btw...fertilizing....I use ro water( ec 30-50 uS) and diluted it up to 300 uS at every waterings, fertilizer is peters balanced for soft water.

hi all, i noticed the seedpod was very swollen already so took a look and i believe it has selfed itself with the polliniae bending forwards and making contact, i have therefore taken some of the other pollen and added it. i got the plant a little while ago as i had a milestone birthday and thought id treat myself.
It looks like the pollen is on the wrong side of the stigma? The pollination area or viscidum is facing the synsepal, not the staminode.

Unless I'm not seeing properly, or pictures twisted, you pollinated the infertile front side, instead of the fertile backside.

Istvan, am I still drunk lol.

Happy birthaday, very nice present I think.I grow mine for 4 years.It lives in deep forest but grows always on trunks or roots of trees its roots are covered by only a little moss.It produces always only few roots so the golden rule is very important at this sp., every root is a treasure.In GH it needs a lot of air in pots, I grow mine in 25 mm orchiata bark and 10 mm pumice mix, 1:1 v/v.It needs constantly high humidity, at least 75 %, but 85-90 is ideal.Safer to let its pot dry, roots can rot easily.
yes very similar orchidata and pumices 66% 33% . deep shade, air pot - had it for over a year. not a lot of roots on it yet, but hoping the next 2 growths will change that - thanks for the tip

think it is labelled correctly ? could it be a masterianum? it has 2 growths and is growing well.
In my opinion, as the others it is a real Wentworthianum !

🤞

I have one but i do not find, in my database, the paph in bloom probably because I stopped growing orchids during 2008 years
2007 pic

Attachments

• paphiopedilum-wentworthianum-01-dec-2007 - copie.jpeg
    paphiopedilum-wentworthianum-01-dec-2007 - copie.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 17
Back