Wentworthianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i treated myself a little while ago on a super special birthday to a wentworthianum - this is the result. do we think it is a duffer? should i risk a self as they are so rare? what are your thought?

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 37
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 34
i treated myself a little while ago on a super special birthday to a wentworthianum - this is the result. do we think it is a duffer? should i risk a self as they are so rare? what are your thought?
Great!Could you send pics about whole plant and where dorsal can be seen?

Last edited:
Great pics.

Looks so much like a cupped mastersianum, esp the colors, and even the staminode.

It's worth breeding, best outcross to Istvan's wenthworth when it opens (on op of selfing, if roots are strong).

Feed well after blooming as it seems nutrient deficiency is high with them from flowering.

Great pics.

Looks so much like a cupped mastersianum, esp the colors, and even the staminode.

It's worth breeding, best outcross to Istvan's wenthworth when it opens (on op of selfing, if roots are strong).

Feed well after blooming as it seems nutrient deficiency is high with them from flowering.
think it is labelled correctly ? could it be a masterianum? it has 2 growths and is growing well.

think it is labelled correctly ? could it be a masterianum? it has 2 growths and is growing well.
Ooops, I did not mean to doubt it was wenworth. I just pointed out it looked similar to mastersianum.

But I will do a little research now for curiosity. It's rare to get a chance to study this species.

If you could humor me... What is size of flower? The width of petals looks bigger than a mastersianum.

Also size of plant and largest leaf?

Here is my plant.Too rare to pollinate it, i m not enough brave although it was single growth plant and now stronger than before.

Attachments

• 20210208_072600.jpg
    20210208_072600.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 31
i have 2 new growths coming along quickly and 1 old growth - not a lot of roots. here are the dims and pics. any thing else, just say

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 15
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 16
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 13
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 13
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 13
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 12
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 14
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 15
Mark,

Wow! The flower could open a bit more, but otherwise excellent. That is certainly for me a real wentworthianum, lacking the spotting on the inner part of the petals that would make me think papuanum. May I ask where you were able to obtain such an incredible rarity (at some cost, no doubt!)?

Alex

Back