wenshanense var. aureum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting both pouches are different in shape of the lower portions… one is sharper.
On this particular bloom, yes. But they can't be used to distinguish the two. So far, each time they bloomed, the shape on both flowers have been different.
One the second bloom, both flowers were more round than the first or the current bloom. The pouch on both were slightly longer and narrower all throughout on the very first bloom.
On the other hand, my other plant of the same species, it is more or less consistent in its shape each it blooms. It was perfectly round on its very first bloom in 2016 and never bloomed in that perfection ever again since. Still, it is consistently rounder than these newer plants and the pouch isn't as skinny. That plant is about to bloom again, and I plan on selfing one of the flowers and see what I get down the road.
:)

Last edited:
On this particular bloom, yes. But they can't be used to distinguish the two. So far, each time they bloomed, the shape on both flowers have been different.
One the second bloom, both flowers were more round than the first or the current bloom. The pouch on both were slightly longer and narrower all throughout on the very first bloom........
Could it be there were two seedlings planted in the same pot ?

Could it be there were two seedlings planted in the same pot ?
Yes, these are two different plants in bloom. There are six seedlings in this pot. lol
Anyway, the shape of the flowers on both have been quite different each time they bloomed.
I actually did not like the first bloom on these. The second time was better. This third blooms aren't too bad, either.
I'm curious how the fourth bloom will turn out.

Latest posts

Back