Wenshanense aureum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
A couple of first time blooming seedlings.
It took 5 full years from flask. Not as good as the old one I have, but they are quite nice and look very much like twins! :)
You can see in more detail about these in the Collection section. Or here Flask of Wenshanense aureum
Nsgjv3Zh.jpg

g0XDQpUh.jpg

Last edited:
These are lovely flowers and they seem to have plenty of P. bellatulum genes inside.....but on the other hand the leaves look concolor like. 👍

These are lovely flowers and they seem to have plenty of P. bellatulum genes inside.....but on the other hand the leaves look concolor like. 👍
Well, all three species do look similar in some ways and different at the same time.
I used to think that I could tell them apart by looking at the leaves, especially the concolor from the rest. Well, no longer the case as I have seen too many differences even among that single species.

Great growing. I had followed the old thread and thought you were doomed for failure due to size of the seedlings in flask. I had talked to the seller before about offering the flasks when the seedlings were larger but got no where. Other than his small seedlings in flask he offers really nice plants. I could have never kept those guys alive. You should be proud of yourself.

Yes. Never been repotted.
Congratulations on quite a triumph to grow these little guys. I looked at the 2016 post and am impressed at your success.

On another note, even better, these flowers look almost identical to the one that was awarded by the AOS. What are the measurements of these two stunners?

Great growing. I had followed the old thread and thought you were doomed for failure due to size of the seedlings in flask. I had talked to the seller before about offering the flasks when the seedlings were larger but got no where. Other than his small seedlings in flask he offers really nice plants. I could have never kept those guys alive. You should be proud of yourself.

I'm surprised how resilient these were when they were tiny! and I was determined to keep them alive as long as they were willing!
Unfortunately, the size of the seedlings inside the flask seems all over the place.
Some flasks had giant sized seedlings while others had tiny seedlings. I've had a couple where the seedlings were even smaller than these wenshanense. I was very upset because they were expensive and they were very rare hybrids. Most of the flasks I bought have been pretty good in seedling size and quality, though.

I'm not sure if I ever saw it. Or if I did, I would have asked for a trade lol.
You have seen it and you have asked for a division. Search. It was not that long ago and I have posted it pretty much everytime it bloomed in the past. :)
So, how big are the awarded ones?

You have seen it and you have asked for a division. Search. It was not that long ago and I have posted it pretty much everytime it bloomed in the past. :)
So, how big are the awarded ones?
Ah yes I reread the post again. A beauty.

The awarded one was 6.5 cm x 6.5 cm, dorsal 4 cmW x 3 cmL with petals at 3.4 cmW x 4.3 cmL. Like a circle. It was 'Fajen's Spotless ' AM/AOS (85 points) August 22nd, 2020.

At 8 cm, yours is much bigger, but less full. The bigger older plant you have looks to have fuller flower.

Ah yes I reread the post again. A beauty.

The awarded one was 6.5 cm x 6.5 cm, dorsal 4 cmW x 3 cmL with petals at 3.4 cmW x 4.3 cmL. Like a circle. It was 'Fajen's Spotless ' AM/AOS (85 points) August 22nd, 2020.

At 8 cm, yours is much bigger, but less full. The bigger older plant you have looks to have fuller flower.
Thanks!
Yeah, my older plant of this variety has the best flower according to my taste! :)

Latest posts

Back