Welcome to the all-new Slippertalk.com!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone

Hi everyone,

My names Marco. I'm new to orchids. And I ohhh sooo love polyantha hybrids especially ones with Sanderianum in it, long petals :drool: .And I got my first parvi hybrid today in bloom too! A paph. armeni white, thanks for the division Jane :). You have a great collection! That Gloria Naugle is to die for!

DSCN1123.jpg

Anyway it's great to be here. I gotta go head to the gym I'll look around more when I get back home.

Hello friends I'm new here :rollhappy:

looks nice for a beginning is this the SOF mirror site ?:poke:

Will start posting pics soon

and now back to worldcup soccer!!!!!!

Thanks Heather. Hi Mycorrhizae welcome. =)
kentuckiense said:
It's pretty fun hitting refresh and watching the new registrations pouring in!
I can't keep up with the new posts!!! I haven't gone to the gym yet either! :poke:

Last edited:
Oh, and I'm littlefrog, and I'm an orchidoholic... I'm also getting crushed at work, so I may not be my usual verbose self...

Just an excuse to test my avatar.

Glad to see you here. I hope all your hard work lately pays off.

And, look! It's a besseae avatar parade.

I have more than I can handle right now...and many are blooming in spite of my neglect! :poke: -Rob

As you say its nice to be able to say things without repercussions!!!!!!!

The Future

Dear Everyone
I have already said how great it is to be part of this new group. As Heather said in one of her letters, most of you we know, but it is great to have new friends.
Our company is Ratcliffe Orchids,yes most of you know this. My parents-in -law started the business before World War II. I married Mary, their daughter in 1962 and then joined the company in 1964. Sadly Ronnie died of a brain tumor in 1965.
Mary was having our 3 children, so Edna, her mother and I, began to travel the world and put the Ratcliffe name really on the map to become the famous name we are so proud of.:clap:
Over the next 3 decades we went from strength to strength. Edna retired at 70.
Mary and I semi retired in 1986, sold the original nursery at Chilton and moved to Winchester where we built a smaller nursery.
In 1996 our youngest daughter Claudia and her husband Nik joined us and at that time we decided to start the Florida company.
Now having been here 8 years the wonderfull US Immigration Service has decided not renew our Visas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sob:
We are not alone. There are many people out there who cannot continue to live in the US.
So as of this year we are returning back to our roots. We feel very bitter about this. Having spent over $15000 over the years getting established this marvellous administration changes the rules.
Additionally it is getting harder and harderto export from the US.
As most of our business is in the export market, in fact always was, maybe it is better we should return to England.
Having said that I shall continue to attend many of the major events in the US, as in fact I did in earlier years prior to moving to Florida.
You will be able to continue to purchase from us. I shall bring orders through as and when I visit.
We shall keep everyone informed of our movements.:evil:
It is great that we now have this great site where we can be commercial oriented without being kicked out.
Thanks to everyone who made it possible:rollhappy:
Paul

Latest posts

Back