Welcome to the all-new Slippertalk.com!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day!

Glad to be a part of this new place... looking forward to enjoying more Paphs vicariously through your expertise and hopefully learning me some growing tips in the process!

Cheers
tim

Welcome to the forum. I haven't caved and bought any paphs yet, but I know it is only a matter of time.

Heather said:
Glad you are here, Gideon. :)
Thanks for the invite

gore42 said:
Hi Everyone!

Wow, it's so nice to have a place that I can post messages without walking on eggshells! What a great idea to have a free and open forum :)

I totally agree

Hi Everone
Happy to be invited to the new forum. We all can help each other.
I love to grow phrags,have a few paphs, and a bunch of different species,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the invite... I know I'm going to learn much from you all, and it'll be fun to watch this forum grow! Barbara

howdy. i'm brian.
amongst other things, including using big words when infinitesimal ones will do and not capitalizing too often, i like species Paphs most, though i also like some hybrids...
i'm big on the long-petalled Phrags and starting to appreciate other Phrags.
i'm also coocoo for Cyps, though i don't grow any.
hmmm, slipper fanatic, slipper board...mmmm.

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for the invitation to join this new forum. I recognize most of you and look forward to reading and learning from your messages. I modified my screen name a little, but not that much so you wouldn't recognize me. (It was time for a name change for me!) I'm happy to be here. I grow almost exclusively Paphs and Phrags which are currently outside getting very, very, wet!! :sob: :sob:

dustywoman said:
Thanks for the invitation to join this new forum. I recognize most of you and look forward to reading and learning from your messages. I modified my screen name a little, but not that much so you wouldn't recognize me. (It was time for a name change for me!) I'm happy to be here. I grow almost exclusively Paphs and Phrags which are currently outside getting very, very, wet!! :sob: :sob:

We've been having the same non-stop rain too! I wish it would stop already, but luckily, I think that this weekend is supposed to be fairly dry and sunny. Yay!

silence882 said:
Damn send the rain south. Here in Maryland we're not getting nearly enough.

--Stephen

PLlllllllllllllllease take it! it's been raining non-stop for over a week. we're supposed to get sun this weekend but then rain again next week.

Robin, you and I are going to be friends, ok? Neofinetia, paintings, St. Louis = Worship them, Love them, Used to live there.

Just saying the name Neofinetia...:smitten:

intro

Hi All -- I rec'd an email notification that this forum was starting for Paphs, so I signed on. I only had one problem - when you get to that security box where you are supposed to copy those squiggly numbers & letters, it doesn't say they are Case Sensitive - had to re-enter three or four times before I realized that.
I don't know if it is appropriate to list what I am into or not, but there wasn't enough room on the Profile boxes. We are a wholesale commercial orchid nursery in deep south Florida specilizing in high quality unique colored Phal and Paph (mostly multi-floral) hybrids and now expanding into the newer Catasetinae hybrids. I have a website but I'm still trying to figure out how to set this up to sell off of. I am goint to try selling direct to the public @ basically wholesale prices (semi-wholesale), but I can't even figure out how to set up a Shopping Cart yet. So, for now, the website is just pictures and contact info. Barbara and I are very involved in Chinese, Taiwanese, and Japanese teas. I have expanded our orchid business into landscape palms and bamboo to try to round off the "dead" sales seasonability of the orchid business. I am a relatively small orchid nursery @ 40,000 sq' (0.4 hectare/ 3700 m2) and because of the uncertainty of the wholesale market down here, I am staying the same size.
Well, that is about enough ranting. Glad to be a part of the forum.

Terry,

You have a beautiful website :) I'm also a big fan of teas; especially lightly fermented Oolong and white tea. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who is crazy enough to use my RO water to make tea!

- Matt Gore

Hi guys. Thanks for the new forum and the invitation to attend. I like the look and feel of this forum and I appreciate the mission. Now, on with the fun! :)

Greetings All. I had a little problem registering but it was straightened out (Thanks John):) , and Thanks to Heather for the invite to this forum. Go Slippers!!!

Mark

Latest posts

Back