Welcome to Fred Clarke and Sunset Valley Orchids!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Fred reached out this week and expressed interest in a vendor forum here at Slippertalk. Welcome!

Here's a little more information on Sunset Valley Orchids.

Fred Clarke started Sunset Valley Orchids in 1995 as a natural outgrowth of a hobby that began 27 years earlier. Sunset Valley Orchids is a “Boutique” style nursery where we are dedicated to providing excellent customer service and developing superior orchid hybrids for the orchid enthusiast. We are plant breeders with a focus on: Cattleya, Catasetinae, Paphiopedilum, Australian Native Dendrobium, and Sarcochilus. The greenhouse space at the nursery covers 45,000 sq. ft., which is just over one acre. Our plants are selected on strict criteria of robust growth and ease to flower. This is accomplished by selecting the most vigorous growing plants throughout the growing process of; flasking, community trays, and growing on in pots. This grading results in the strongest and best plants for both our customers and for our own future breeding. Fred is an accredited American Orchid Society Judge in the Pacific South Judging Region.

Regarding SVO paphs, some of my nicest plants have come from them and the prices have been reasonable. I recently purchased an additional six, mostly Johanna Burkhardt hybrids, and all were strong and healthy. They also give discounts to AOS members. Mike

I have bought two Fumi's Delight and one Emma Decker from SVO in 2016.
They are about the healthies looking paphs I've seen. Blooming size and very reasonable price, too!

Sunset valley orchids has a website with an availability list, if what you want is not there you might want to contact him

Latest posts

Back