Weird sukhakulli

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIN

Reaction score
2 plants with abnormal flowers..... interesting.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 33
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 29
Are they sisters? If yes, than they have some genetical defects due to parential crossing problems. I have had two gratrixianums with similar problems. I was fighting against they deformations for there years, finally throwed them to the compost. Good luck!

Are they sisters? If yes, than they have some genetical defects due to parential crossing problems. I have had two gratrixianums with similar problems. I was fighting against they deformations for there years, finally throwed them to the compost. Good luck!

The first 3 photos is cultured and the other one is fresh from the jungle I wish the next season will do better.

Sukhakulii is a cool grower, not really suitable for tropical lowlands. I think heat stress probably led to the spike being malformed. First one does have pretty wide petals.

Maybe one of the factor will see for the next season I have another one in low bud will observe the progress.

Latest posts

Back