Weird little technique

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
ok... i know, i should be ashamed of myself, being a Canadian and also being poor in the French language... but i cant help not liking it u know... but anyhow, i was just surfing through pics of aerangis and this came up

the forum is in french but pictures are worth a thousand words, rite?! hehe. let me know wat u guys think

http://www.orchidees.fr/forums/index.php?showtopic=35517

I love the way they look in the glass containers. It must be a real pain when they need to change the water.

I could see a phrag adapting & doing well but a phal? One can't argue with the roots on that plant, I would think they'd rot!

haha. sometimes i wished i lived somewhere it was slightly more humid, i would be able to grow so much more. even out west into BC would be great. just got home from there and the humidity is always 70%+ and it felt so nice.

im thinking about the issue of air too... and apparently they are doing this to epiphytes... hmmm

ok... i know, i should be ashamed of myself, being a Canadian and also being poor in the French language... but i cant help not liking it u know...

No need to be ashamed. Last time I was in Canada some french canadien chicklets wouldn't give my friends from the Maritimes the time of day.

I bet that if you were to put an air stone in that water than the plants would be even happier, especially the phrag.

I believe this is much the same culture that Rod Venger used to tout many years ago.Gradually formed alot of algae but wasn't harmful to plant.

I think I'll stick with S/H. :) Roots look like they are growing "okay" in water but S/H generally grows them way better.

e-spice

and u would never hafta fertilize too since the fish would, but i dun suggest the fish... cruelty to animals... even my one betta has a whole 10-gallon to himself.

Latest posts

Back