Quantcast

Weird little technique

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
ok... i know, i should be ashamed of myself, being a Canadian and also being poor in the French language... but i cant help not liking it u know... but anyhow, i was just surfing through pics of aerangis and this came up

the forum is in french but pictures are worth a thousand words, rite?! hehe. let me know wat u guys think

http://www.orchidees.fr/forums/index.php?showtopic=35517

G

Grandma M

I love the way they look in the glass containers. It must be a real pain when they need to change the water.

G

goldenrose

I could see a phrag adapting & doing well but a phal? One can't argue with the roots on that plant, I would think they'd rot!

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
haha. sometimes i wished i lived somewhere it was slightly more humid, i would be able to grow so much more. even out west into BC would be great. just got home from there and the humidity is always 70%+ and it felt so nice.

im thinking about the issue of air too... and apparently they are doing this to epiphytes... hmmm

NYEric

Reaction score
ok... i know, i should be ashamed of myself, being a Canadian and also being poor in the French language... but i cant help not liking it u know...
No need to be ashamed. Last time I was in Canada some french canadien chicklets wouldn't give my friends from the Maritimes the time of day.

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
I bet that if you were to put an air stone in that water than the plants would be even happier, especially the phrag.

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
sounds more like u're trying to keep fish in that vase rather than an orchid, haha. and NYEric, haha. isnt ur friend just luck ^^"

L

L I Jane

I believe this is much the same culture that Rod Venger used to tout many years ago.Gradually formed alot of algae but wasn't harmful to plant.

e-spice

Reaction score
I think I'll stick with S/H. :) Roots look like they are growing "okay" in water but S/H generally grows them way better.

e-spice

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
and u would never hafta fertilize too since the fish would, but i dun suggest the fish... cruelty to animals... even my one betta has a whole 10-gallon to himself.