Website Changes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a heads-up for those of you who have submitted recent orders. We are in the process of separating the Fox Valley Orchids, Ltd. website from that of Orchids By Hausermann. Unfortunately, this process won't be totally complete for another five to seven days, and delays in order confirmation and shipment may result. Once the website separation is complete, the Fox Valley site will have an updated plant/flask list along with several new shipping and payment options.

Thanks,

The move is complete, but it's going to take a few days to organize the plants in the new location, plus I'm putting together the new home office today so plenty to do. Will let everyone know when the site is finished and updated.

Thanks,

Website Finished!

Finally!

Thank you all for your patience during this separation of the Fox Valley Orchids, Ltd. and Orchids By Hausermann businesses. I'm glad to report that the new FVO site is up and running as of this morning and look forward to your checking it out. A couple of changes will be apparent:

1) We no longer accept electronic payments (credit cards) unless they are submitted through PayPal. This means you will need a PayPal account to use your credit card. Our discount rate for VISA/MC was getting out of hand, and PayPal charges are significantly lower. We also accept USPS Money Orders and personal checks, although personal checks must clear before plants are shipped. At shows, we will accept personal checks and cash. Show pre-orders are recommended to save on shipping.

2) The minimum online order is now $75, exclusive of shipping. Show sales or pre-sales have no minimum.

3) Plants will be shipped bare-root unless otherwise specified to save on shipping costs born by the customer. In-pot shipping may result in additional shipping charges, but is available. Sales or pre-sales at shows will be in pot.

Finally, we are doing everything possible to keep our heads above water during these tough economic times. Our product is made in America, not imported, and it's a small operation, so like everyone else, we are struggling. If anyone has any suggestions on how we can provide better service, please let me know. Next January marks our twenty-fifth year of existence as a company, and we thank everyone of you that have bought plants from us; from the novice grower to the advanced collector.

All The Best,

Thanks all...... One thing we apparently forgot to include in the Phrag. Petite Quillette, Barbara LeAnn, Peruflora's Cirila Alca and d'alessandroi website descriptions is the seedling size (which is six to seven inches in leaf span, with blooming expected in 12-18 months). We'll make that addition to the seedling descriptions today..... Also, for those customers requesting "in-pot" shipment rather than "bare-root", we will try to accomodate those requests and still stay within the shipping price wherever possible. Dot and Katherine, we hope to see you both again at the MOS show over Palm Sunday weekend, 2012.....Have a great Winter!

All The Best,

are you still growing paphs? Are they just not on the website yet?

Thanks all...... One thing we apparently forgot to include in the Phrag. Petite Quillette, Barbara LeAnn, Peruflora's Cirila Alca and d'alessandroi website descriptions is the seedling size (which is six to seven inches in leaf span, with blooming expected in 12-18 months). We'll make that addition to the seedling descriptions today..... Also, for those customers requesting "in-pot" shipment rather than "bare-root", we will try to accomodate those requests and still stay within the shipping price wherever possible. Dot and Katherine, we hope to see you both again at the MOS show over Palm Sunday weekend, 2012.....Have a great Winter!

All The Best,

I'm planning on it!

Hi Tim,

No, we didn't abandon Paphs., just don't have a lot of capacity with this new website design. I thought we might alternate Paph and Phrag entries on the "Fox Valley Exclusives" page every couple of weeks to keep things interesting, but if there's something in particular you're looking for, just let me know and I'll see if we have it. We left a lot of the more common Paph species and hybrids at Hausermanns and kept more of the rare and unusual seedlings as well as all the awarded or rare divisions for the new venture. If you go to the Hausermann site, and enter "FV" in the seach box(without the quotation marks) , you'll find the FV plants we left for them to sell until supplies are depleted. They own those plants.

Thanks,

Paph. Flasks

Hi All,

For those who might have an interest in Paph. flasks, I'm adding the following to the website after the already-posted Paph. Hsinying Luke sib:

1)Paph. violascens `#1' (x self) - A selfing of our largest and darkest Paph. violascens. This species from New Guinea getting hard to find, especially with good form and color. Twenty seedlings per flask. Because the roots tend to be shallow, we "stuff" the flasks prior to shipping with styrofoam peanuts to avoid travelling damage. While protective, this method of shipping requires the seedlings to be deflasked upon receipt. Only two flasks available.................................$ 225.00

2) Paph. venustum fma album (`Maybrook' AM/AOS x `Chablis') - we selected these parents for their darker than average green veins in the pouch and flat form. Twenty to twenty-five seedlings per flask, and seedlings are ready to be deflasked into community pots...........$ 125.00

3) Paph. volonteanum syn hookerae var volonteanum ('#2' x '#1') - Another rare and beautiful species from Borneo. Flowers have distinct purple petal tips and a caramel colored pouch. The foliage is beautifully tesselated and takes on a crystaline texture when grown in lower light. Much easier to grow well than Paph. hookerae var hookerae and ready for community pots. Twenty seedlings per flask..$ 150.00

4) Paph. appletonianum var hainanense ('Fox Valley' AM/AOS x `Select') - the 'Fox Valley' clone was awarded a couple of years ago at the MOS, Palm Sunday show in Troy, MI. At the time of it's award, one judge commented it was the best he'd seen. Petals are dark, bronze-mahogany proximally, becoming rose pink at the wide petal tips and the foliage is sharply and beautifully tesselated.Twenty seedlings per flask ready for community pots.......................$ 100.00

5) Paph. appletonianum var hainanense ('Select' x `Fox Valley' AM/AOS) - See above description. We made this sib both ways to make sure we were successful in propagating this show-stopper species...................$ 100.00

6) Paph. Magic Lantern (micranthum `Select' x delenatii `Santa Barbara' AM/AOS) - a darkly marked, tall stemmed micranthum bred with our biggest, best delenatii to remake one of our all time favorite Parvi hybrids.
Twenty to twenty-five seedlings per flask. Well rooted to travel well and ready for community pots................................$ 150.00

I'll be loading these into "Fox Valley Exclusives" section of the website tonight or tomorrow, but anyone interested in ordering prior to the upload can PM me and I'll set aside the flasks.

Thanks!

I'm no flask grower, but it's good to see someone new getting into breeding and selling paph. flasks. You'll be a real hit with these, if you grow them up in flask a little bigger than your compitors. I'm seen hugh seedling in flask out of other counties that put most U.S. vendors to shame. Good Luck to you!!

Thanks Tom. I got my phrags and wanted to post a photo but the camera memory card is overloaded so they saved directly to the camera. Until I get a new USB cord...:(

Latest posts

Back