Weather

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had over 4" of very wet snow yesterday. Then it rained all of last night and most of today. It's supposed to improve next week.
sigh.

Would you guys believe that I have never seen snow? When I was a kid my parents always told me it was cold and overrated (they grew up in Chicago, I think they are bitter). Somehow though, I feel a bit gypped. As for the weather, it's 65 and sunny here in LA.

Yeah, I thought about all of you in the northeast today while I was walking around barefoot in the beautiful sun watering the tomatos.

:evil:

Watering tomatoes...bah! I don't even know when I'll be able to plant them here! I got drenched walking to work this morning...one red light on Qeens Blvd was enough to leave me soaked for the day....I measured 1.9" of rain when I came home...it was not even half an inch when I left for work. At least my radishes and snow peas are coming up...until the squirrels get to them! Take care, Eric

Naw...its up to 3-4", with coastal flooding and major shoreline erosion...oh, did I mention the 50mph winds? I think I'll do some repotting......Take care, Eric

It's snowing here this morning, but the temp is higher than freezing so its not sticking.

It's just yucky. There is a small woodpecker at the humingbird feeder getting a sugar jolt.

It's too nice today to be sitting in class or going to work!!!!!!!! (I could not go in since I am a volunteer but i would feel bad)

Back