Weather - Everyone OK out there?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's hard to appreciate the weather problems, snow in West and Midwest, tornadoes in the South, etc. when it's in the 50's in NYC. Hope everyone is OK.

Ok at my house except lost electricity for about 16 hours. Fortunately it was pretty warm, and the propane heater runs without electricity. The battery was dead in my backup electrical system, so I didn't have any air circulation for most of the time with the power out. Fortunately we got power about 2 hours after sunset when the temperatures really started to drop.

I was very lucky since the tornadoes did hit about 2-3 miles from my house, and some of our friends lost their houses, barns, and cars. Fortunately no loss of life in our community, but definitely devastating property losses. I live SW of Nashville, and the tornadoes seemed to go through our area, jump over Nashville and wipe out some communities on the NE side of Nashville.

Rick....thank goodness you are okay - and hopefully everyone else out there!

I try to stay on top of this stuff (listening to the news and such) and check in with people occasionally but I don't always do so well. We need to have an admin. "meeting" about this. (just a note to self since I am not around a lot this week) and set up some sort of "check in" or "phone tree" system perhaps?
We've had a few disasters since the forum has been up and running and I like to keep in touch whenever possible. You guys are my best friends! Today re-inforced that, yet again. You are an irreplaceable source of not only information, but also mental support and great friendship!

Anyone heard from Gilda today? I've been offline all day with my orchid society set up so I can't go through the 104 (!) posts right now...but I know she is in that vague region. And Tadd..Anyone heard from Tadd lately? Anyone else I am missing?

Rick. Mercy me.... I am so glad that you and yours are okay. Please let me know if there is anything we can do as an online group.

I haven't heard from Gilda or Tadd in a while.

I didn't here about any major problems in East TN or NC where Gilda and Tadd live. I got some communications today from some work colleagues in Alcoa TN near Knoxville (way NE end of TN near Gilda). and they were OK.

I think N Alabama took some big hits. I think we have a few members down there?

Latest posts

Back