Waunakee Sunset 'Cherry'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScientistKen

Reaction score
This bloom opened up a couple days ago. There is a new growth hidden by the yellow leaf.

Attachments

• WaunakeeSunsetCherry-10aug2020-1a.jpg
    WaunakeeSunsetCherry-10aug2020-1a.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 24
  • WaunakeeSunsetCherry-10aug2020-2a.jpg
    WaunakeeSunsetCherry-10aug2020-2a.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 26
  • WaunakeeSunsetCherry-10aug2020-3a.jpg
    WaunakeeSunsetCherry-10aug2020-3a.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 20
That sounds like an interesting cross. Yours might carry some red from the sargentianum.

I just remembered that it has bloomed. The first bloom was a
wonderful peachy color with very nice form. It has a fairly large
new growth now and I'm looking forward to the second blooming.
I had to go to the gh and look before I "remembered".

Yay besseae hybrids. That's pretty pale for a 'Cherry'. Thanks for sharing. Yes, I'm back from vacation. Since STF is linked to my work email I couldn't access it all week Went to Woodstream yesterday on the way home.

:)
I found I really need to be careful with my random seedlings. At Woodstream there are a lot of plants in the not for sale areas and also a lot with red tags. Red tag means they are probably not for sale or if you buy them they will sucker punch your wallet! I saw a few I wanted but did not even go there. I also found out how hot some plants can grow!!! I got a Driftless, a Prissy flavum, an andreetae in bud, an Augres x Castle Rock Creek, and a few others.20200810_113331_resized.jpg

:)
I found I really need to be careful with my random seedlings. At Woodstream there are a lot of plants in the not for sale areas and also a lot with red tags. Red tag means they are probably not for sale or if you buy them they will sucker punch your wallet! I saw a few I wanted but did not even go there. I also found out how hot some plants can grow!!! I got a Driftless, a Prissy flavum, an andreetae in bud, an Augres x Castle Rock Creek, and a few others.View attachment 21714
Like jello....'there's always room for more'

Yay besseae hybrids. That's pretty pale for a 'Cherry'. Thanks for sharing. Yes, I'm back from vacation. Since STF is linked to my work email I couldn't access it all week Went to Woodstream yesterday on the way home.
That's what I was thinking. More on the pink side. I don't know if my growing conditions are keeping it from expressing as much red? I have two. One I bought from Chuck and one I bought on ebay.

Latest posts

Back