ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Lovely Phrag. I have Asuko Fischer 'Waunakee' x Waunakee Sunset
'Cherry' that hasn't bloomed yet. I very much hope it looks like
your bloom.

ScientistKen

Reaction score
That sounds like an interesting cross. Yours might carry some red from the sargentianum.

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I just remembered that it has bloomed. The first bloom was a
wonderful peachy color with very nice form. It has a fairly large
new growth now and I'm looking forward to the second blooming.
I had to go to the gh and look before I "remembered".

NYEric

Reaction score
Yay besseae hybrids. That's pretty pale for a 'Cherry'. Thanks for sharing. Yes, I'm back from vacation. Since STF is linked to my work email I couldn't access it all week Went to Woodstream yesterday on the way home.

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you had a restful vacation. What did you find at Woodstream?
I KNOW you didn't leave empty handed!

NYEric

Reaction score
:)
I found I really need to be careful with my random seedlings. At Woodstream there are a lot of plants in the not for sale areas and also a lot with red tags. Red tag means they are probably not for sale or if you buy them they will sucker punch your wallet! I saw a few I wanted but did not even go there. I also found out how hot some plants can grow!!! I got a Driftless, a Prissy flavum, an andreetae in bud, an Augres x Castle Rock Creek, and a few others.20200810_113331_resized.jpg

richgarrison

Reaction score
:)
I found I really need to be careful with my random seedlings. At Woodstream there are a lot of plants in the not for sale areas and also a lot with red tags. Red tag means they are probably not for sale or if you buy them they will sucker punch your wallet! I saw a few I wanted but did not even go there. I also found out how hot some plants can grow!!! I got a Driftless, a Prissy flavum, an andreetae in bud, an Augres x Castle Rock Creek, and a few others.View attachment 21714
Like jello....'there's always room for more'

ScientistKen

Reaction score
Yay besseae hybrids. That's pretty pale for a 'Cherry'. Thanks for sharing. Yes, I'm back from vacation. Since STF is linked to my work email I couldn't access it all week Went to Woodstream yesterday on the way home.
That's what I was thinking. More on the pink side. I don't know if my growing conditions are keeping it from expressing as much red? I have two. One I bought from Chuck and one I bought on ebay.

monocotman

Reaction score
Phrags that flower in summer when it’s hot are usually paler than winter blooms. It’s an anthocyanin thing. Nothing to worry about.
David

Latest posts