Watering Question

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pretty much blow out the excess water from the crowns, water in the morning unless it's early daytime. No ove potting. You will learn this the hard way, it's true.

Hey, we got frost this winter! And it was in the 40's last night. Brrr! Don't tell my husband, but I accidently left the door screen open all night and I'm sure the heater was chugging away. :<

But seriously, I've got a ton of air movement in my g.h. and I still lose maybe one to two paphs a year in the winter do to crown rot. The air movement just won't be as good as old Mother Nature.

I DREAM of 40+ degrees as a high temp for the day. Can't remember the last time we got that, and it might be another 6 weeks till I see it again. Of course, the paphs don't have to deal with it.

We had a beautiful week of day temps almost in the 70's last week! Then the rain set in again and I haven't seen the sun in like 6 days. And it hailed hard today. Weird, weird weather.

someone was wondering about how plants in nature getting monsoon rains don't rot; the water that is moving around has lots of air in it, and moving water prevents the fungal spores and other baddies from settling. if the bad things don't settle they don't start growing, and if the plants didn't have access to air then eventually they would die then rot, but if you constantly drip water on a plant (not suggesting an experiment unless you don't like the plant!) ;) you will often see that it is larger than the others around it, even when it is constantly wet; instead of dying

Back