Watching and learning!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
triticale, or triticales? If the latter, sounds like a plant order....which may definitely involve ploidy issues as part of their characteristics. Triticales does ring a bell with me, though I don't know which one.............Take care, Eric

Eric Muehlbauer said:
triticale, or triticales? If the latter, sounds like a plant order....which may definitely involve ploidy issues as part of their characteristics. Triticales does ring a bell with me, though I don't know which one.............Take care, Eric
Yeah, sounds like something related to the genus Triticum, or standard wheat.

"An allopolyploid; a polyploid formed from the union of two separate chromosome sets and their subsequent doubling. An organism produced by hybridization of two species followed by chromosome doubling. An allotetraploid that appears to be a normal diploid."

I think that's how Triticum was first produced by man, too.

No, no, the word in question for me was amphidiploid. I spelled it wrong. How ironic.

Is the following at all related?
"An allopolyploid; a polyploid formed from the union of two separate chromosome sets and their subsequent doubling. An organism produced by hybridization of two species followed by chromosome doubling. An allotetraploid that appears to be a normal diploid."

However, I don't think I understand the wiki definition!
Doh.

Spelling word was "triticale"

Latest posts

Back