• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Watch out for this buyer... Dennis Gomez

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the orchid world in particular, reputation is everything. Once you've
destroyed your reputation as a reliable customer/vendor, you take the
consequences. That's as it should be.

Hi Chris, sorry to hear that. He is difficult. I dealt with him before. He sent me a money order once, then did not send anything after that, asked me to purchase some plants for him from SVO and Thanh...I asked for payments in advance, did not pay, so I did not include his orders with mine. Just block him from your ebay buyer list.

Dennis has bought from me off my webpage sale list a few times over the past few years. The transaction is an endless list of questions, unsure commitment, requests for holds, long delays due to vacations, being out of town, etc. I never send before receiving cleared payment, and - eventually - he paid up for most of what he'd asked about and I shipped them out. The last time it was about four months. Then last year towards the end of the year he sent an urgent note about being ready to pay for plants he had inquired about in the spring. I had sent him a note in the summer stating I could not hold the plants and to notify me if still interested (I had a big in-person sales opportunity and wanted to unload as many plants as possible). When I got the email from him four more months later, I just told him I had sold the plants (I had in fact sold most of them). I was worn out trying to deal with him. I try to be patient and flexible with potential customers; many of them are my internet friends of long acquaintance, people just like me. I am not perfect and have missed a shipping date or two in my day, but at some point you just get too tired of being strung along.

I understand and agree with you 100% Tennis. I call them "Internet Window Shoppers". They're hobby is as much the shopping for new plants as it is actually growing them. They seem to go out of their way to drag on the process of choosing plants because making the vendor jump through hoops for their amusement is part of the fun. They enjoy the hunt, the chase, the acquisition process. So, they aren't in a hurry to close the deal quickly. They enjoy dragging out the whole process with dozens of e-mails and questions over weeks, or even months of time. Plus, in the end, they often don't actually send payment for plants they've ordered and asked you to hold for them. It seems that some people never intended to spend any money. Their hobby is shopping, not buying plants, or growing them. So, because of these people, I have posted a policy on my "How to order" webpage that clearly explains that for plants to be held, they must commit to the purchase by sending payment immediately. Otherwise, the plants remain for sale.

I wish to chime in that many years ago I too have contact with this person. I was not out of any plant but he did pretty much the same as what others have described. He asked to hold plants promise to pay. And excuses for delay. It was a relief that I didn't hear from him after multiple contacts.

It's a shame that we have to deal with him but besides the old saying buyers be ware. In this case sellers be ware.

Very sad. Had you shipped yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No! He was trying to decide what else to buy to have sent at the same time. I told him I would discuss availability of other plants when I had payment for the auction he'd won. He wrote a longish note about how rude my response was and said he wouldn't do business with someone so rude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello dennis have you paid yet? We all have struggles, but it's not a sellers fault that you order plants that you can't afford and not pay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back