• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Watch out for this buyer... Dennis Gomez

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Otherwise I had not enough money for payment several times when I bought a plant, this case I asked for reservation of plant and any patience. Never asked for sending me plants without payment!!!!!!

This sort of well-illustrates the issues the admin/mod team has with having an auction forum - people we don't know, registering and listing plants to sell them cheap, or buying them to get a bargain, not paying, sending crappy plants - no real recourse. At least on eBay you can dispute, but we all know how much bogus stuff is listed there.

The annual auction we host here pretty much exclusively has people we know and love and trust participating. Here we pretty much know the trustworthy people to buy from and sell to. An auction forum could open us up a lot of issues.

Well, one of the things I most like about this forum is that, as best I can recall, only 1 member has actually been banned.

As a business owner, I can say that non-payment of a debt moves
on down the line to suppliers to whom I owe money. It doesn't stop at just one
person. Debts also affect my employees as well. When times are hard, I have to borrow money and pay interest to write paychecks and pay my debts. I finally made a deal with an attorney with a new home to landscape. He did my collections and boy did it ever work! All debts paid
and some of them went back years before I took over.

I agree with Heather and rose that it isn't the forum's place to do other than let vendors post warnings about non-payers.

Wow. Glad I checked the "New Posts" today. Dennis has contacted me about buying 2 high dollar plants of mine that weren't getting sold on ebay after several listings. We agreed on a price for the 2 and I sent him my paypal payment instructions. Guess what, I haven't heard back from him since that email.

As a small grower, I don't ship anything until there is payment in my paypal account. I have another buyer for these who is interested and has purchased many things from me, so guess who is going to win out on these magnificent plants?

If this is a Dennis Gomez in Albuquerque, I have received one order from him, and it was paid promptly. Of course, I don't ship a damned thing until I am paid....

I will "rat myself out" on the not paying for something:

We have a local, non-chain Mexican food place that is fabulous. We have been going there since it was a one-room place (bar, kitchen, tables) capable of seating about ten people.

My wife and I went there on a Saturday "date night" a few years back, and had a margarita while waiting for a table, then another during dinner. We had a great time, as usual. I am NOT an alcohol "light weight", so should have known there was something amiss when I had to cover one eye on the way home to see one set of lanes.

Woke up (very late) the next morning, and I asked "Did we pay for dinner last night?". My wife was sure we had, but I was not convinced. Called the restaurant at lunch their next open day, and confirmed we had stiffed the waiter. Fortunately, the owner's response was "Don't worry about it. You come in often enough that we'll make it up."

In the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, premixed drinks must contain 1.5 ounces of alcohol per 8 ounce drink. Their house margaritas are nothing more than fresh-squeezed lime juice and tequila - but nobody could taste the alcohol, and they forgot what they were doing, so that night, every drink was a double....

didnt see this thread until now.
i have dealt with this scumbag years ago. same thing happened. i had to call his local police and threaten him to eventually get paid 8-9mos later.

Well I just want to report that Dennis is at it again. I have begun to sell on eBay and my very first nonpayment of an auction win was none other than Dennis Gomez. I filed a nonpayment case and sent him an invoice with a polite note. I am hip to him because I read this thread with fascinated horror when it was not as lengthy as it is now !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw this for the first time... I found a correlation. The user GoodDay (Denny J) got some plants from me a while back. The transaction was long, drawn out, and dicey to say the least. I got the impression he wanted me to send plants before payment. But, after months of questions, payment came through. The paypal payment was sent from Dennis Gomez. So, beware GoodDay.

Thanks for the heads up Adam. I don't sell many plants but I was contacted by GoodDay also. Glad it fell thorough.

Didn't he win some auctions also?

Yes, since payment was confirmed I sent a plant but screwed up the address. To make up for it I sent 4 additional orchids. He should be satiated for a while. :)

I remember he did. I was contacted by admins to hold off shipment because by week 3 he hadn't paid for week 1 items that had already shipped. Payment came through in the 11th hour and all was forgiven, but not forgotten

same person contacted me about a stonei flask when i had them for sale but when the flask was ready and time came for payment there was no response so it went to another buyer. i would definitely avoid this guy.

get your money first, guys. I don't care who the customers are, No money no plants, period! I got burned through trading once or twice, but that is a different story.

Dennis has bought from me off my webpage sale list a few times over the past few years. The transaction is an endless list of questions, unsure commitment, requests for holds, long delays due to vacations, being out of town, etc. I never send before receiving cleared payment, and - eventually - he paid up for most of what he'd asked about and I shipped them out. The last time it was about four months. Then last year towards the end of the year he sent an urgent note about being ready to pay for plants he had inquired about in the spring. I had sent him a note in the summer stating I could not hold the plants and to notify me if still interested (I had a big in-person sales opportunity and wanted to unload as many plants as possible). When I got the email from him four more months later, I just told him I had sold the plants (I had in fact sold most of them). I was worn out trying to deal with him. I try to be patient and flexible with potential customers; many of them are my internet friends of long acquaintance, people just like me. I am not perfect and have missed a shipping date or two in my day, but at some point you just get too tired of being strung along.

Latest posts

Back