• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Watch out for this buyer... Dennis Gomez

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing yet...

Well, this Dennis is about as good as the US government at paying debts. I haven't heard a peep from him. I've now moved, so Dennis, if you decide to come clean, just contact me through this forum. :poke:

Well, I still haven't heard from Dennis, though I have heard from a few other people that he has paid for plants he owed for. He seems to be a dead beat, so watch out. Again, I will post if he pays the money he owes...

Sorry Chaz, but I think this guy will never pay you. It's now up to you to go after him but I bet he believes that no one will ever go through with the arduous process of laying fraud charges for a few hundred bucks. Maybe those who got burned by this guy should band together and launch some kind of class action suit.

Also, why not create a new sticker for this kind of thing. I'd call it the Deadbeat sticker or Deadbeat Alert. That would let the rest of us know about these thieves. :fight:

Chaz,sorry you lost your money! It's terrible when people act like that. There is a measure of trust involved in buying and selling orchids- you trust that you are getting a healthy plant, and the other trusts that payment is made in a timely manner. Sounds like this Dennis is a real deadbeat. I hope he takes care of his orchids better than he takes care of his debt.

Deadbeat Alert sounds appropriate.

his profile shows he was here the other day, too....

in most cases, trust is involved in transactions. it always sucks when someone doesn't follow through....

There are no excuses for not paying your debts. Even if you die, your debts have to be paid. It's simple: if you can't pay for what you buy, don't buy. A good reputation is worth far more than a few orchids. :p

OH MY GOD
how could i have missed this thread before!?!
i have been dealing with Dennis Gomez and his excuse after excuse after excuse for his inability to pay for items shipped to him FOR MONTHS now. Everything occurred just as was previously mentioned too, with initial small orders which were paid, then nice friendly correspondences, then just zero payments, zero contact.
Dennis, if your reading this post. I have spoken with the HPD as well as the Albq. P.D. and am preparing to file criminal charges against you if i do not receive the payment you owe me immediately.

Too bad somebody can't post a mugshot of him too! People like this can change, but they rarely do. Let's all play a spelling game together now. Here we go...repeat after me:

S
C
U
M
B
A
G

I thought I'd bring this thread to life again because guess who contacted me last night for some of my Paph Snowchilds that I was offering to sell to our member. You win, it was Dennis Gomez. I was writing him back when Donna walked into the room and said don't send plants out to people you don't know without payment. So, I erased what I was writing him and asked for payment up front. He agreed and sent me his address and that is when I got his name in full rather than the screen name of Delego. The name rang a bell so I did a search and sure enough this post came up. What I did next is ask for a paypal even though I would take a 3 percent hit. Then I thought about it and reread the post and then P.M. him again and said I decided not to sell him the two plants. Truthfully, I'd rather put them down the garabage disposale then to sell them to him for $500 each. I just thought it was my duty to remind everyone that we have at least one member who is ripping other members off. This is a small orchid world and we must stay together and fight off people like this.

Last edited:
Excellent job Bob. Why don't you go ahead and get the money up front, not send the plants and thank him for paying back the members (of course list all the members)? Then send what monies you did get to the people he owes! LOL. I do see that he was snooping around here yesterday. So this won't work.

Sorry, but are there no rules in place on the forum that if a member fails to act in an honest fashion that they will be banned from the forum? I know that there is no guarantee that they won't weesel their way back in under an alias, but at least it makes a bit of a statement, while the converse currently applies, almost like a tacit condoning of the dishonest practice

Right about this post in the forum, there are two stickies which address these situations.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8878

I understand, sort of. Both apply one sided. My question was more along the lines that in order for a member to remain active, they should conduct themselves in a fair fashion (from both sides), and that membership should be suspended until issues have been resolved.
Sorry, I realize it is unrealistic, and places unfair responsibility on the administrators. I realize that the forum is not the correct place to air grievances, however I think it was intended more as a 'heads up!' , wether it is the right place for it remains mute.:eek:

Honestly I can't imagine this situation: I go into a pub, I order a beer, I drink it, but I don't pay for it,because I left my money at home, sorry, but I promise owner that I go away now and I'll be back to pay for beer , MAYBE. Nonsense.

Back