• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Watch out for this buyer... Dennis Gomez

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

chaz

I want to offer a heads up to anyone selling orchids to watch out for a Dennis Gomez from Albuquerque NM. Delego designs is a business name he may use. I have had experience selling to him on ebay. He buys one plant, and pays quickly, but then asks that others be sent along as well, and that he will send a check. It seems however, that he never sends the checks. His emails are always polite and friendly, and he gives reasons that he has not yet paid, but He owes me $162 for Laelias I sent him, and it's been 2 months now. He has done the same thing with several other people as well. His ebay ID is 4415dennisg.

It is not my intent to defame him, and if he ever does pay, I'll be sure to post that here to let you all know. But in the mean time, anyone selling plants may want to be sure they have cash in hand before shipping to Dennis.

Hello chaz,

I am really sorry for this mishappening, but I would not send any item before getting the money!!! It would be better if you did that too!!! Do not trust anyone unless he/she is a prooved trusty buyer!!! I hope things turn out ok!!!
Thank you for the info...!

Good luck

Sounds like you are a very nice person Chaz, and I bet you are a man who would hold his own words seriously, therefore you treated your customers as if they are the same as who you are. Which is how most of us would act.
-In my case if I really want something, and not having money at the moment, I would ask the items to be putting on hold for me (with a small down payment) The seller will send the items to me after I pay the rest in the future, or when I finish with the installments.

Last edited:
To everyone reading this post, I have recently been dealing with a serious illness of my mother and I am just returning again from California. I will have to return again soon as things are not improving. I have purchased other things with out fail and that has always been without problem. As you know life comes in between our beloved hobbies and our hobbies keep us from falling into chaos. I hope that everyone understands and not rush into judgement.

My Sincere apologies, I will keep my word and continue on with lifes challenges always with hope.

Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your mother. We all certainly understand life's challenges, but if you can't pay, you should send the plants back immediately.

-Ernie

What Ernie said. And Hien, the problem with putting things aside for other than established customers is that sometimes they forget they told you to do it and it's embarrassing for us to have to remind them. The worst is to be told a month or two down the line that they no longer want the item......

Thanks,

Tom

Dennis- My thoughts are with you and your mother in this difficult time.

Again my intent is not to defame you, and will be sure to post here that this incident is cleared up as soon as I receive payment.

Thanks-

Chaz

What Ernie said. And Hien, the problem with putting things aside for other than established customers is that sometimes they forget they told you to do it and it's embarrassing for us to have to remind them. The worst is to be told a month or two down the line that they no longer want the item......

Thanks,

Tom

I would not dare to ask anyone to put anything aside for me, unless:
- I have bought many times & many items from the person &
- the desired object is too costly to come up with 1 month pay check
- and there is a defined schedule of billing that we both agree on.
(in other words, I & the seller are already know each other well) besides that is what the deposit for, if for any reason, I no longer can afford the merchandise , the deposit is to compensate the seller for not selling the item in the mean time.

My policy is, "if it's not in writing it doesn't exist." If I order something it will be in writing and I would prefer to pay for it than ever receive it w/out paying.

Dennis,

I sympathize with your situation and wish your mother the best. However, I sincerely hope that you will honor your promises for payment. At the time I was told that I would be receiving payment, nothing was said about your mother's health.

Please do right by Chaz and myself and tender payment for the plants you received.

I don't buy anything i can't pay for then and there.
And im sorry to say but no one cares about excuses, no matter how good or sad they are.

I gave up on it until i read this thread

Chaz, 2ljd
That makes 3 of us. This is the first time happen to me. I already gave up until i read this thread, so I'm speaking up. I'm learning my lesson, It doesn't make me any poorer :sob:

I have no problem sending plants to great group of customer (friend) before i received any payment from them, here is a few Eric muehlbauer (N.Y), Rick H. (TX) Slipperking, Hien, Bob in Albany, N.Y. and a few more
Thanks,
Bảo Đại

I'm leaning towards 'no'.
1. When you list plants for sale or trade, isn't it clearly stated it's between buyer & seller?
2. Isn't banning a big part of why a lot of us belong to this forum?
3. Who's going to start & maintain a list?
4. How long would they be banned? Any 2nd chances, what if they truly have a legit reason?

Who would be the Judge and jury?

Just because one side is unhappy and posts a warning does not mean they are actually the innocent party. Someone may have a valid reason for not paying

Posting a thread like this one should be enough.

I agree with Lance. Slippertalk is not here to judge and enforce disputes between parties. It is here, however, for all to relay information and express opinions, just as this thread does. It is best to leave this place as the forum it is.

Latest posts

Back