Warning: Faux UK ebay-dealers...or GET BREXIT DONE!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Reaction score
I have just been caught unaware - and ordered a plant on ebay from a seller called 'plant_laboratory-eu', when I received my paypal receipt, guess what name figured on it: "Kai Najda". I'm really curious as to, whether I will recive a plant at all, and if, what state it will be in?! :(:(:(o_Oo_Oo_O
The good news is, paypal will refund your money if you challenge it.

eds

Reaction score
Isn't this a seller from Germany rather than the UK? Shouldn't we change the title of the thread??? ;)

Guldal

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't this a seller from Germany rather than the UK? Shouldn't we change the title of the thread??? ;)
Well, at the moment mr. Najda seems to be operating from Germany too, but if you check this thread earlier on, you will see, that this individual under other guises has prolifically been operating from UK ebay also! So what can one say, but: beware!

Geraldine

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm sorry, that I first saw your question a month+ after you posted it. I have dealt with the Hampels (father and daughter) from Orchideenhausasien many times - once in person at the orchid show in Dresden (Dresdner Ostern) and many times via ebay. They have delivered really good plants and at a very fair price. Once they made an error sending me a Vanda plantlet, instead of the mature plant advertised. I wrote to them, and within a split second they wrote me back and apologized about the mistake and a few days later, I received the original plant without further ado. So I can only give them my most heartfelt recommendation!

Kind regards, Jens

Good evening Jens,
Many thanks for your reply. In fact, I bought 3 paphs from Orchideenhausasien via Ebay during the covid period: very nice people, quick answers :)
The parcel has been sent via DHL. Unfortunately, the DHL tracking number did not show any move during a while. I sent an email to Orchideenhausasien and I have been fully reimbursed without any question. They are great in communication and very correct :) Taking into consideration your recommendation, I will definitively try to get paphs from them :)

Best regards,
Géraldine

Reaction score
I also think they are scammers: falconer1211, blakessbotanicals1, airplanefran

As written in a forum https://ato.forumfree.it/?t=73605395, I think the three persons are the same.

Under the three names (falconer1211, blakessbotanicals1, airplanefran) between 2017-2020 I unfortunately bought about 38 Cattleya. To date, not a single one has been proven to be what it was sold for. They bloom one after the other and become worthless hybrids. Strictly one-leafed Cattleyas (such as dowiana, trianae) eventually become two-leafed as they grow. So even without flowers, you can tell it's a scam.

The damage could be calculated exactly, but it might reach 2,100 EURO!

Probably none of the plants are what they are labeled as!

If someone looks, you can see - currently, under the names of the three sellers, 370 plants are available on eBay!

Reaction score
Plants coming under all three names (falconer1211, blakessbotanicals1, airplanefran):
- the same photo, slightly modified
- two of the three are marked as based in London (airplanefran and falconer1211– London;
- blakessbotanicals1 – Sandbach)
- supply of very expensive and rare plants
- the same medium
- the name plates of the received plants are of different colors, but the handwriting is the same
- very poor condition, weak plants (almost always no living roots, often the plant can hardly be saved!)
- always separated stems (2-4 bulbs!)

At first I had no experience and trusted the seller. I haven't bought from them in two years and of course I won't.
What can be done to prevent this from continuing?
How to stop this scammer! I am asking you to do something!
I'm still new to the forum, please help, post this post so more people can see it, Thanks a lot.

Percival

Guldal

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The modus operandi of this scammer points more in the direction of the notorious German fraud, Kai Najda. Please, notice, that being of German nationality doesn't prevent him from operating under different guises from Ebay-sites in other countries.

I can't boast of having succeeded in getting him removed (thank you for the confidence though, David! 😉), but I have not yet encountered any other of his victims, who succeeded in getting their money back, down to the last cent! If interested you can read my tale of how that came to pass in this thread: WARNING: German fraud on ebay 'plant_laboratory--eu'

Lastly, always keep in mind: if something sounds or seems too good to be true, it most often is! 😎

Reaction score
Dear Guldal!
Thanks. I read it, rough adventure . I understand what you're saying, I wouldn't have thought that the threads would run so far.
Then it's a network, with several aliases, thousands of fake plants, and lots and lots of damaged people.

I notified eBay about what happened yesterday.

After all, this scam also works on their marketplace.
I hope something happens...

I don't want my money back - it was the student money.

I want others not to be victims.

Greetings Percival

Latest posts