Warning: Faux UK ebay-dealers...or GET BREXIT DONE!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why buy plants on eBay at all? There are many reputable orchid sellers. Newbies do your research and ask
an ST member BEFORE you buy.
Hi again and a big thank you to you all for the support. Yes.... why .... I guess I wanted to try something else. I should have googled the vendors though. At the time they looked ok to me. They have lots of good reviews. This , however, is due to the following: by the time you discover they lied in the ebay listing, it is too late to place a complaint or a negative review.
Sorry to hear of your problems.
Angela, there are many reputable vendors on eBay. You just have to know who they are in your particular neck of the woods.
Yes, they are! There are Dutch vendors, for example.
Check out the list. I bought these plants under the names of the 3 sellers mentioned, none of which are the plants they were sold to! The listed plants (almost without exception) are still sold today.
Oh my goodness, Percival, you were scammed really bad!. I only bought one or two plants from each of the three vendors, noticed the poor condition they arrived in, the bad communication with the vendors, etc. and was out there. phew... . I was lucky after all.

By the way... can somebody here identify what i did receive, this little orange fellow? I enclose a picture. At first I thought it was a Guarianthe aurantiaca, but now I think it is something different. The aurantiaca ( at least the ones I have!) do not have that frilly lip. Any ideas?
Many thanks in advance and wish you all a very nice day!

Attachments

• IMG-20221201-WA0045.jpg
    IMG-20221201-WA0045.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi again and a big thank you to you all for the support. Yes.... why .... I guess I wanted to try something else. I should have googled the vendors though. At the time they looked ok to me. They have lots of good reviews. This , however, is due to the following: by the time you discover they lied in the ebay listing, it is too late to place a complaint or a negative review.

Yes, they are! There are Dutch vendors, for example.

Oh my goodness, Percival, you were scammed really bad!. I only bought one or two plants from each of the three vendors, noticed the poor condition they arrived in, the bad communication with the vendors, etc. and was out there. phew... . I was lucky after all.

By the way... can somebody here identify what i did receive, this little orange fellow? I enclose a picture. At first I thought it was a Guarianthe aurantiaca, but now I think it is something different. The aurantiaca ( at least the ones I have!) do not have that frilly lip. Any ideas?
Many thanks in advance and wish you all a very nice day!
Hi! I think it's a hybrid. Usually, this scammer sends hybrids of relatively low value, instead of the advertised rarity.

Hi Percival!
Yes, I agree. I have been looking and asking around and I think I know the identify of this little fellow. It is probably a Potinara ( though I believe they are called Rhyncattleanthe nowadays) Shinfong little sun " Golden boy" . What do you think?

Last edited:
Hi Percival!
Yes, I agree. I have been looking an asking around and I think I know the identify of this little fellow. It is probably a Potinara ( though I believe they are called Rhyncattleanthe nowadays) Shinfong little sun " Golden boy" . What do you think?
I will look at what you wrote. Yes, I also think Potanaria Shinfong Little Sun 'Young Min Golden Boy.

Hi everyone,

At the beginning of this thread, you talked about the unlawful use of other people's published pictures. We just discussed the matter last year. The rules have been even more strict than before. If you plan to use a picture of some orchid e.g. in your orchid society magazine, that you have received, let`s say to your email, you HAVE TO ASK that person's permission first. If you don`t, get it and would like to write an article on some plant e.g. P rungsuriyanum, the only possibility is to buy that plant and flower and photograph it yourself. I`m sure it`s not the end of the World but you just do not do it!!!
Do you agree or disagree with me?

Latest posts

Back