• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Sources for Phragmipediums..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

NeoNJ

I see alot of Photo's on the site of Phrags that I have never heard of, or have never seen offered for sale, and would love to know where I might find them to buy ........

One Phrag I want is : Phrag Bird's Delight.
Does anyone know if there is a Vendor that sells this Phrag ??

The other Phrag I want is: Phrag Cardinale
I can't find this one either.

Cardinale is an oldie but goodie, I wouldn't think it would be that hard to find. With all the new crosses in phrags I doubt that anyone is remaking it but there should be divisions available. I got one from Orchid Trading Co. 2 years ago, there was one problem, it was labeled a Schroderae, I bought it in bloom so it was easy to put the correct ID on the plant.
Bird's Delight = EY x ecuadorense, to be honest I've not heard of this one but registered in 2001. Sorry, can't help you much there. I wonder if some aren't registered as something else? We've found cases where RHS messed up & accepted a registration on a cross that had already been registered or at that point in time was a pearcei an ecuadorense?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cardinale was also mislabelled as schlimii. An old clone, fairly easily available, is schlimii "Birchwood". However, it is really Cardinale. While some dealers have corrected the name, many others (possibly though simple ignorance) still sell it as schlimii.

Ahh, geez, I've got to go check my tags. Seems I've got something like this. Thanks for posting.

Cardinale was also mislabelled as schlimii. An old clone, fairly easily available, is schlimii "Birchwood". However, it is really Cardinale. While some dealers have corrected the name, many others (possibly though simple ignorance) still sell it as schlimii.

For Phrag Bird's Delight, you might contact David Bird at Bird's Botanicals,
http://www.birdsbotanicals.com/
Fritz named the cross after his friend David, it is possible David has a couple plants around.

By the way, Bird's Botanicals is the only orchid business I know where they truely are growing all the orchids in a cave. An amazing sight to see. David is a wealth of information on under lights growing, and literally one of the few cool places to visit orchids on a hot summer day. (the cave is always in the low 60's or upper 50's F)

If you are near Kansas City, on the MO side, you should drop in.

Latest posts

Back