Wanted photos please..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
I came home with a Paph. Robert Barry (Julius 'Candor' FCC x roth. 'Classic' AM) and haven't been able to find a photo of it on the net.

I'm also looking for a photo of Paph. Sandy's Wild Turkey, another I came home with. This is a cross of lowii x victoria-regina.

I have a Robert Barry. It's BIG. The biggest Paph I have. Still waiting for it to bloom, so I can't help you with a photo I'm afraid.

Thanks Craig. I think you're right about it being straight Julius. I guess I'll have some waiting to do. Good thing I've got a few good years left in me;>

Candace, I saw a book advertised on Amazon.com, Tropical Slipper Orchids by Harold Koopowitz and in the index it mentions P. Robert Barry, I'm not sure if there is a pic but it might be worth while finding someone with a copy to check for you. The book is not his new one, I think its a few years old.

I have the book and it's just a mention on page 343. It just says that this cross has been made, but that it is not as impressive as Paph Jerry Spence and none of the cultivars have been awarded as of the time of the book.

So, maybe you'll have the first!

Craig

I'm also looking for a photo of Paph. Sandy's Wild Turkey, another I came home with. This is a cross of lowii x victoria-regina.

I just might have a picture as I saw one in bloom at a show last year, it was lovely!
I bought a compot off ebay after that!

Haha, believe it or not but I think that I soon can arrange a photo for you of a Robert Barry :rollhappy::drool:

Sorry Candace I was not able to retrieve that photo. When I got a new computer back in Nov./Dec. little did I know that HP's Premier Photo program was not available for Vista ..... yet...... maybe there's hope in the future! Last year the IOS hosted the MAOC & that's were I took the pic, it was quite nice, definite lowii influence.

Latest posts

Back