• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Paph tigrinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi and welcome to the foru'm, we've got a section here were new members can introduce themselves.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10

In your profile you can specify what your location is, as that is a very important thing to know for people who want to help you out.

Shipping within Europe should be no problem, same goes for within the US. But from EU to US is a problem allready due to CITES etc.

But I wish you a lot of luck with your search, I hope you succeed. Problem is though that tigrinum is a plant that is difficult to bloom and get's easier as the plant size increases. So people might be hesitant to divide a clump, unless it fall aparts by itself of course.

TWO New DUDES!!!! Welcome both of you. I read the post/ article put out by Lance Birk, Brandon on the Weltz collection.......very interesting.

Thanks!

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome. I look forward in sharing the knowledge I have on the Huntington Orchids and S. Robert Weltz Paphiopedilum Collection.

Why so much? Are they really that rare or something?

Rarity is indeed a factor in the cost. Seedlings do not seem to grow well in flask, so most plants sold are divisions of adult plants.

On the seed capsule I sent in, germination was reported as excellent, but the majority died in flask after a period of time. When I got the remaining seedlings, I was not able to keep them alive.:(

It is a bit of a challenge to find. I have been looking for a while for one with little success. The one on EBay is grown very well with multiple growths. A bit too high for me though but nonetheless a rare find.

Latest posts

Back