• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Paph. Lola Bird

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for this cross? I have one plant, but I'd like to get a couple more because I really like this primary. Both Orchid Inn and Sunset Valley Orchids appear to be sold out. It's rather unfortunate that this cross so rarely takes. Thanks.

Don't know a source, but seeing that you have one ...... curious .....how big is it? BS? I understand these are sloooow growers & are a bit challenging to bloom.

Does anyone have a source for this cross? I have one plant, but I'd like to get a couple more because I really like this primary. Both Orchid Inn and Sunset Valley Orchids appear to be sold out. It's rather unfortunate that this cross so rarely takes. Thanks.

Zach,
perhaps you could contact this ebay vendor:

Shtief (ebay name)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150101972675&sspagename=ADME:B:SCO:US:1

he had a few Lola Bird flasks on ebay before.
he just listed a compot of three seedlings on ebay the other day.
He may have some flasks or compots left that he can sell to you.
(I was hesitate to buy this flask before, because I don't have room for the whole flask, & at the time I did not know anyone wants to share a primary parvie hybrid flask anymore, since most Orchid Inn breeding now already in next generation hybrids)

Wow, I was about to mention those. We really are enablers! :poke:
I am not sure about you, Eric, but I watch ebay more than bid, & when I bid , most of the times I lose out, because I chicken out at the end.:D

I buy [bid on] a lot o' stuff there but very select [that's a contradiction]. Actually it's stuff that's not easy to find elsewhere, white phrags, vintage jeans, custom trains, etc. If I bid though I bid to win so I hate being sniped by west coast crafties! :mad:

Is Lola Bird micranthum x emersonii? If it is, I got mine from Dennis D'Allessandro 2 years ago at the GNYOS....Its conceivaable that he still has some...Mine grows slowly, but steadily...Eric

I also had one from Dennis. Mine had very little growth and after about 2 years it died. It never did bloom for me.

Is Lola Bird micranthum x emersonii? If it is, I got mine from Dennis D'Allessandro 2 years ago at the GNYOS....Its conceivaable that he still has some...Mine grows slowly, but steadily...Eric

Mine came from Dennis also. Mine didn't just grow slowly, it also died slowly. It was one of my most frustrating slippers. I finally threw it out. It did bloom once for me and was very pretty, from then on it just went down hill.

I really like the pictures of Lola Bird that I have seen but did not realize that they grew slowly. Does anyone know why? Is it because emersonii was the pod parent?

I got a Mem. Larry Heuer X Micranthum last December from Sam - it grows well for me now a 8.5" ls and a big fat bud - wish me luck! Has anyone bloomed this one yet? Any pics?

An aside - about 17 years ago I traveled to San Diego for business. I was an orchid newbie and looked up orchid growers in the area. I called Emerson "Doc" Charles first and he invited me over. I spent the entire day at his house and greenhouse - He was a truly kind and giving person. We had a ball... I got to hear story after story about orchids. Never got to see other orchid nursery's and that was fine with me.

Larry H x mic sounds interesting, good luck it continues!!!
I believe they are both slow, mic for sure is slow!

Latest posts

Back