• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Paph. Gemstone Randschild

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually we do not have it for sale :poke: (Did you even look??), but we do have a cross that was made with it. I think Gemstone's Randschild is hard to find, just because Paph. randsii itself is very rare. We do have one plant of Paph. Gemestone's Randschild that I have used for hybridizing, and this is the only one I have ever seen. This is what our plant looked like:

PaphGemstonesRandschildTigerGem-pla.jpg

PaphGemstonesRandschildTigerGem-clo.jpg

The cross that we have available that I made with Gemestone's Randschild is onto one of our Paph. Bel Royal's (=kolopakingii x rothschildianum). I think the resulting cross will have lots of flowers, but will still have a heavy rothschildianum influence.

http://www.orchidweb.com/detail.aspx?ID=1490

Robert

Oh, gee, Robert, that looks ready to divide (and for piece to go on a journey to UK) :evil:

Wonderful!

Actually we do not have it for sale :poke: (Did you even look??), but we do have a cross that was made with it. I think Gemstone's Randschild is hard to find, just because Paph. randsii itself is very rare. We do have one plant of Paph. Gemestone's Randschild that I have used for hybridizing, and this is the only one I have ever seen. This is what our plant looked like:

PaphGemstonesRandschildTigerGem-pla.jpg

PaphGemstonesRandschildTigerGem-clo.jpg

The cross that we have available that I made with Gemestone's Randschild is onto one of our Paph. Bel Royal's (=kolopakingii x rothschildianum). I think the resulting cross will have lots of flowers, but will still have a heavy rothschildianum influence.

http://www.orchidweb.com/detail.aspx?ID=1490

Robert

That's a beauty, Rob! :drool:

It is difficult to find and even more difficult at under $300 for a division. I have looked and was not ready to spend the money.

Rob knows that selfing his would not give the identical plant as what he has, BTW Rob...very nice one!

I have two clones from the late Tom Cox who got both of them awarded that originally came from Rands. I've had a waiting list going for a long time, but the plants just don't prosper like they did when Tom had them and I'm lucky to get a growth a year. Neither have bloomed anytime recently.

Last time 'Mary Cox' bloomed
gemary.jpg

I have one of these, still a seedling but seems to be growing well... what leafspan are we looking at to get it to flowering size?

also, Orchid Inn have Paph randsii flasks, which are strong growers, from the flask I got, I have only lost one so far and that was because a caterpillar got it, so maybe some of y'all folks should get to growing more of the randsii to remake this cross. :poke:

also, Orchid Inn have Paph randsii flasks, which are strong growers, from the flask I got, I have only lost one so far and that was because a caterpillar got it, so maybe some of y'all folks should get to growing more of the randsii to remake this cross. :poke:
So, Bench when can I expect to get my randsii seedling to grow on!:poke:
Serious, I have a plant sold to me off of eBay that has never tried to bloom, as randsii. At one time it was 5 growths now it is 3. It's growing well the ls is 12-14 inches, each.
I think one of our members has bloomed a randsii and posted it. His plant didn't look like mine but can't tell for sure just looking at a picture.
Hey Bench how about posting a PIC of your seedlings?

Paph randsii seedlings

here they are about 4 months out of flask...

guess they have a while til flowering :)

Attachments

• randsii 1.JPG
    randsii 1.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 16
  • randsii 2.JPG
    randsii 2.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 13
  • randsii 3.JPG
    randsii 3.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back