Wössner Favourite

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I bought this as a flowering size about two years ago.
The plant has more than doubled in size (about one foot across the entire plant), and it is now in bloom finally!
The leaves basically look like a straight hang so to speak.
The flower is a nice mix of the two parents (leucochilum x hangianum), and it is very much like how I imagined it would look! :)

I have another one which has more pronounced white marks. Given the size, which is about the same size as this plant when I bought it as bs, it may take a while before flowering.
Funny, enough, it was sold as bs, again. the same place. maybe I should tell him.

Anyways, this large flower is slightly scented like hangianum.

Llh4dnZl.jpg

Last edited:
I've had these on my wish list for awhile (lueco x hang), but I haven't found anything in my price range yet and I'm not super keen on paying so much for a brachy x parvi hybrid which have mixed success in my care.

Anyway, lovely flowers as always. I really like this one, and I'm glad to hear it is fragrant. Just makes me want one more.

I've had these on my wish list for awhile (lueco x hang), but I haven't found anything in my price range yet and I'm not super keen on paying so much for a brachy x parvi hybrid which have mixed success in my care.

Anyway, lovely flowers as always. I really like this one, and I'm glad to hear it is fragrant. Just makes me want one more.

Well, this and another one I have were not cheap, but knowing that they are not common and something I wanted to try, I was willing to pay.
I would have bought more, but I only bought the ones that looked "clean" and healthy.

That's a beautiful flower! I like the contrasting veining as well. It
appears to be quite large. Have you measured the flower?

I haven't measured with a tape, but it is around 10cm (4inch) across, but the flower is rather cuppy, so it will be a lot more if spread out more, although it won't.

All segments are full and rather large.
I'm glad this turned out so good!

I thought this cross was "Nathaniel KY" or some such??

Either way I would love one. Gorgeous. From where may I ask?

Thanks

I thought this cross was "Nathaniel KY" or some such??

Either way I would love one. Gorgeous. From where may I ask?

Thanks

You are right, but I think this is rather a messed up case because Wössner Favourite was registered before leucochilum was considered a separate species from godefroyae. I have no knowledge of what they really used for Wössner Favourite.

I bought both (in different years) at a local show. Marlow's Orchids was the name.
They still have it listed on their website, so you can get this hybrid. A bit hefty price, but they usually carry healthy plants.
I have to tell them that what they are selling is not the size that they are advertising as.
It's medium to large (at best) seedling.

He will be at the event in Planting Field Arboretum this weekend I think?
You have a car. :)

No I'm not around today.

You know the lucky girl orchid in Idaho? She sells these also for cheaper, but I don't know how small since her list only says pot size. Also hers is with dark leucochilum so it could be terrible or very exotic in bloom. lol

I'm wanting to buy a flask from HS. They carry quite a few of just this cross. Thing is I don't see pictures of the leuco used. Oh well.

Latest posts

Back