Wössner China Moon

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
First of the three buds is open.
Smells nice like Johnson’s Baby powder scent with mild sweet note.

I may update with more photos once everyone is open but they are all over the place and not going to be a good display unfortunately. With growths tightly packed, inserting a stake is not easy. I’m not the type who usually stake spikes unless absolutely needed and I definitely don’t just put sticks into the roots.

First photo taken on 28th January
Second one today
975AE357-80B1-44B8-B47E-A6F57A7FABC9.jpeg
0AB6BE8F-1FBF-4BF0-885F-CA74120AAB2C.jpeg

First of the three buds is open.
Smells nice like Johnson’s Baby powder scent with mild sweet note.

I may update with more photos once everyone is open but they are all over the place and not going to be a good display unfortunately. With growths tightly packed, inserting a stake is not easy. I’m not the type who usually stake spikes unless absolutely needed and I definitely don’t just put sticks into the roots.

First photo taken on 28th January
Second one today
View attachment 38453
View attachment 38454
Get some 18 or 16 gauge floral wire. It’s tiny. green vinyl coated abs malleable so you can position blooms.

Get some 18 or 16 gauge floral wire. It’s tiny. green vinyl coated abs malleable so you can position blooms.
I have those, but it's not going to help.
You could probably do with things like Phalaenopsis or Dendrobium with great care, but trying to turn a Paphiopedilum flower 90 degree angle would surely cause it to snap off.

I have those, but it's not going to help.
You could probably do with things like Phalaenopsis or Dendrobium with great care, but trying to turn a Paphiopedilum flower 90 degree angle would surely cause it to snap off.
No, I meant after you have gently worked the flowers into position over several days, then you can stabilize with the wire. I’ve separated Paphs that were opening too close together, you just have to do it a bit at a time.

No, I meant after you have gently worked the flowers into position over several days, then you can stabilize with the wire. I’ve separated Paphs that were opening too close together, you just have to do it a bit at a time.
Oh, you meant the entire inflorescence. Yes, that's exactly what I have done with this plant.
All three spikes were all over the place. I had to work them over the course of at least two weeks. And still, this is what I got. haha
Not too much complaint, though because in person, it looks great. They just don't look that good in photos when they are not facing the same direction.

Latest posts

Back