Wössner China Moon

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
A beautiful primary hybrid of hangianum and armeniacum is among the first blooms for the new year for me!
Lovely big yellow flowers really help brighten winter days. May 2021 be as bright and golden as this flower :)

This plant was purchased as a small (not tiny) seedling back in 2016 along with a few others of the same batch.
All of them grew well and I only kept two to myself. This is the first to bloom out of the two. The other one is in sheath with bud inside and should bloom very soon. The first photo shows both seedlings, the one in high bud and one in sheath.

In case you are wondering, behind these two WCM are Fanaticum & Hung Sheng General in bud. All of these are first time bloomers and have been grown under T8 light set up in the last few years.
I initially started out with four 4ft tubes per shelf which turned out to be way too much light with a few plants visibly suffering within just ten days or so. I since cut down to just two 4ft tubes. Still too strong to stress out some plants, but seems to work well for most plants. Mini Vandas (Neos), compact Cattleyas, Catasetums, Phalaenopsis...
I also have a bunch of others in bud grown under the same set up at the moment, so a lot of goodies for me to enjoy for the next few months! :)

JJjWpSjl.jpg

Bed7GFFl.jpg

Last edited:
love the colour!
You have to see it in person. It literally glows!! If you look up neon yellow on google image, then, that's about as close as it actually looks in person. I wonder if it will eventually darken like my other WCM does.

I love that hybrid. That one has a nice bright color to it. I think you are growing better under lights than I am in a greenhouse. Just can't give everything the individual attention that they require.
Well, Bob, I always dream of having more space and higher humidity. Plants would grow so much better and watering would be so much easier. ;)

What a massive bloom from a single growth! Wonderful color and shape IMO.

And more to come too. Happy plants, happy owner!
Thanks. The petals are slightly ruffly, but I don't mind at all. Not really into ironed flat flowers most of the time.
It is also fragrant. Overall, 9 out of 10 in my book. :)
The next seedling in bud will hopefully be different so I can enjoy the varieties in this cross.

This is a really impressive flower, it's size as well as its colour and also the shape isn't to complain about. 👍

Last edited:
A beautiful primary hybrid of hangianum and armeniacum is among the first blooms for the new year for me!
Lovely big yellow flowers really help brighten winter days. May 2021 be as bright and golden as this flower :)

This plant was purchased as a small (not tiny) seedling back in 2016 along with a few others of the same batch.
All of them grew well and I only kept two to myself. This is the first to bloom out of the two. The other one is in sheath with bud inside and should bloom very soon. The first photo shows both seedlings, the one in high bud and one in sheath.

In case you are wondering, behind these two WCM are Fanaticum & Hung Sheng General in bud. All of these are first time bloomers and have been grown under T8 light set up in the last few years.
I initially started out with four 4ft tubes per shelf which turned out to be way too much light with a few plants visibly suffering within just ten days or so. I since cut down to just two 4ft tubes. Still too strong to stress out some plants, but seems to work well for most plants. Mini Vandas (Neos), compact Cattleyas, Catasetums, Phalaenopsis...
I also have a bunch of others in bud grown under the same set up at the moment, so a lot of goodies for me to enjoy for the next few months! :)

JJjWpSjl.jpg

Bed7GFFl.jpg

Latest posts

Back