Vuylstekeara Aloha Passion

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddybear

Awarded Stud
Reaction score
A fellow Odont. grower in California sent this one to me last year. This is the second time it's bloomed.

VuylAlohaPassion4copy.jpg

Wow, that is beautiful!

I've always wondered how to pronounce that genus. I assume vile-steek-ara, am I correct?

I love it. I had seen a picture of this one on the forum before and fell in love with it. I promptly ordered one and patiently????? waited for it to bloom. What a dissapointment. It is not Vuyl Aloha Passion. The shape is different, the color is different and it has many dark spots.

Yours makes me envy you and your beautiful plant. I'm afraid to order another one for fear it will not be the correct plant.

As Marilyn said, most odont hybrids last around 2 months. Specifically, last year Aloha Passion first opened on Feb. 9 and the last flower faded on May 1. It bloomed about 2 weeks earlier this year.

This is my Aloha Passion #7 , the real color is actually darker than the photo.What is the number of your clone?

Attachments

• IMG_4345.JPG
    IMG_4345.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back