Visit to Bird's Botanicals- underground

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Orchid Boy

Reaction score
So I haven't been on here recently due to a recently hectic and busy life due to a few issues I've dealt with but things are finally calming down.

Just visited Bird's Botanicals in/near Kansas City, MO. Here's some pictures. Sorry the quality isn't the best. My camera was ruined on a recent canoe trip, so used phone camera. And the lighting wasn't the best for photography. It was pretty neat in an underground storage 'bunker'.

Of course I got something, got a big Paph. Honey. It's over 25 years old and has 15-20 growths, hard to count. The last picture is of this plant. Lots of hard water to clean off.

And seems my P. sanderianum may bloom soon-ish. It's started a new growth, but I don't know. Maybe it started a spike when I was gone for a long weekend...

Enjoy!

It looks so dark in there! No wonder they have only phals blooming. I cannot imagine a reason to keep a legal growing operation underground like this.

Latest posts

Back