Visit of the Montenach natural reserve: Brice and JeanLux

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures of wild orchds...!!! Did you see any pollinators??? We also have them in bloom here at the moment (purpurea & mascula)... :D:D:D

I made 2 more trips to the reserve these last days and here some more pics! Jean

orchis?:

Aceras anthropophorum:

Ophrys apifera(?):

Ophrys holosericea(?):

and here a very nice, large plant of Dactylorhiza maculata !(?):

Platanthera bifolia:

Anacamptis pyramidalis:

Orchis militaris:

Hello Jean,

Very nice photos thanks for sharing.

I hope you don't mind but I would like to make some 'corrections' to the names:
- The first photos you call orchis? is a Dactylorhiza. Don't ask me which species exactly, sorry.
- Both Ophrys pictures show in my opinion Ophrys holosericea.
- Your Dactylorhiza maculata is indeed a D. maculata and a very fine specimen at that.
- And the Platanthera bifolia is actually a Platanthera chlorantha.

In three weeks I will be going to the Thuringer Wald area in Germany and hope to spot some orchids. Normally the beginning of june is fine to see some orchids, but this year everything in nature seems to be a week or two earlier than normal here in Western Europe. Olaf mentioned that as well concerning the Cyp. calceolus he spotted and your photos of the Dactylorhiza's show the same. I hope there will be some orchids in bloom for me to see...

All the best,

Rob Z.

Hello Jean,

Very nice photos thanks for sharing.

I hope you don't mind but I would like to make some 'corrections' to the names:
- The first photos you call orchis? is a Dactylorhiza. Don't ask me which species exactly, sorry.
- Both Ophrys pictures show in my opinion Ophrys holosericea.
- Your Dactylorhiza maculata is indeed a D. maculata and a very fine specimen at that.
- And the Platanthera bifolia is actually a Platanthera chlorantha.

In three weeks I will be going to the Thuringer Wald area in Germany and hope to spot some orchids. Normally the beginning of june is fine to see some orchids, but this year everything in nature seems to be a week or two earlier than normal here in Western Europe. Olaf mentioned that as well concerning the Cyp. calceolus he spotted and your photos of the Dactylorhiza's show the same. I hope there will be some orchids in bloom for me to see...

All the best,

Rob Z.

Thanks a lot for the adjustments / rectifications of the names Rob!!!!

And good luck for your trip to Germany!!!

(I am just starting for my morning trip to the Aarnescht; hope to find some more ophrys there , esp. gnat, bee and bumblebee as we call them here :)) Jean

Latest posts

Back