Visit at Popow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dido

Hi all

was last week able to stopp at Popow.
Here are some pics what was actual in flower.

Firast the Phrags.

Dalessandroi

Andrettae

And a small Phalaenopsis gigantea with only about 200 flowers they think...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The gigantea is so stunning. Unfourtunatly I saw the plant just not flowering.

Here the often discussed Ho chi Minh alba

Now here soem Hybrids.
Hangianum X wenshanense If I remmember correct

Hangianum X godefroy

Here are the group of the micranthum which he has already selected as Hakone posted before one of them but he said from a freind :)

Delenatii vinicolor one of a lot of them

Emersonii

Vietnamense

here are a pic of a luco he bought as a clone of a black one from Japan.
But tourned out to be a normal one for high price. The color is pure white not eloow as the light is terible in this room.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here are the group of the micranthum which he has already selected as Hakone posted before one of them but he said from a freind :)

here are a pic of a luco he bought as a clone of a black one from Japan.
But tourned out to be a normal one for high price. The color is pure white not eloow as the light is terible in this room.

old deutscher Sherlock Holmes , where are: Paph. emersonii albovariegata, Paph. gatrixianum album, Paph. vietnamense album . You did not see ?. The black leuco from Japan cost 2000 Euros.

:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy: :D

Great pics. I now am going to have a look at his website and see if there are any more that I need to have in my collection!

Thanks Dido, seems like you had a good visit. I love the micranthums. Planning on putting some sheet moss next year rather than some dried sphag for aesthetic purposes.

Not much I did buy.
Only 1 for me and a friend
But it looks like a true one.:evil:

I wanted to buy one of this red micranthums but no way.

I forget to take a nice thaianum with me. he has very big ones on offer at the moment

He had some good looking normal micranhtum but I have some of them, so I will look for the red ones or will wait till he has flask to offer. :D

By the way Popow told me that they have now tigrinums alba in asia

Lovely photos ! It's always worth to travel and visit Popow's nursery and yes, he offers half as much in his web shop than he has standing in the greenhouse.

Last edited:
Yes Christoph, I'd love to get that dark red micranthum. The only problem would be paying for it. Yes, a flask of the realy dark micranthum can be put on my Christmas list. Only problem is Santa already told me don't ask for anything else, or I might get coal in stocking.

Latest posts

Back