Virus?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good to know it wasn't virus then, bad that it's probably that fungi Roth mentioned since you can't use what's needed to get it under control. :(

Have you tried sulfur? I know it's not systemic, but if you treat every occurence of the disease, you may eventually stop the contamination. I often uses it on my phrags and paphs when there is a sign of fungus infection, and so far, it has worked. I use it in dry powder.

Have you tried sulfur? I know it's not systemic, but if you treat every occurence of the disease, you may eventually stop the contamination. I often uses it on my phrags and paphs when there is a sign of fungus infection, and so far, it has worked. I use it in dry powder.

Does sulfur have any toxicity on the plants themselves? Copper is supposed to be good for controlling fungii, also, but I think too much is toxic.

Does sulfur have any toxicity on the plants themselves? Copper is supposed to be good for controlling fungii, also, but I think too much is toxic.

I've been using it for years. Never had any problem so far. I spread a little bit of the dry powder on the affected areas with a finger. I also use it in bacterial infection to prevent any fungus from taking hold on the sick plant. I use a 3% hydrogen peroxyde solution to kill the bacteria itself. It works most of the time when the plant has enough unaffected foliage to be saved..

I've been using it for years. Never had any problem so far. I spread a little bit of the dry powder on the affected areas with a finger. I also use it in bacterial infection to prevent any fungus from taking hold on the sick plant. I use a 3% hydrogen peroxyde solution to kill the bacteria itself. It works most of the time when the plant has enough unaffected foliage to be saved..

Thanks, Michel!

Latest posts

Back