Virginians - y'all okay?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fine in this part of Norfolk, VA, but Suffolk was hit hard. Most of the national feeds are showing parts of Suffolk, although one of the tornados could be seen from one of the Navy bases here in Norfolk. We are not *supposed* to get tornadoes of this magnitude based on our proximity to the bay and ocean. Typically, we like to let the hurricanes and floods put us on the national news. News reports indicate 1 possibly 2 deaths... 140 homes were impacted, some wiped clean of their foundation. The local communities have banded together to help the affected.

On a personal note, my greenhouse will be done by the end of next week - and yes I was watching the weather at work and hoping my area would be spared.

I called my mom in Chesapeake and she said that area only got lots o' rain. The worst area hit in Suffolk was about 15 miles away. Glad I live in NYC!

Here in Williamsburg (tornadoes hit in Richmond to the northwest and Suffolk to the southeast), I didn't know anything crazy was going on until I checked out the news websites. I spent most of the evening in the library and didn't even notice anything beyond rain.

Last night they reported one, possibly two deaths. Today the local news mentioned that there were no deaths.

Latest posts

Back