Virgin Norito Hasegawa & Crazy Jade Dragon

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Opening up is a first time blooming seedling of NH (armeniacum x malipoense) which is about 5 years out of flask. The whole thing is a compot consisting of 4 seedling.
There is another seedling in this same pot that bloomed last year which is now a little clump.
I meant to separate out these sooner but I just never got to it.
The spike here is about 24in tall.

The second photo shows a Jade Drgon in high bud. I bought two large seedlings a few years ago.
One of them bloomed in early 2018. This one was even extra slow to grow but finally here! Better be good when open. The thing is that the bud is completely upside down since about two weeks ago even though I never changed directions of the pot. Go figure!
Unfortunately, I highly doubt it will reorient itself at this point, but it remains to be seen.

uE1gLeDl.jpg

kycsn7Fl.jpg

love the NH...

maybe the Crazy Jade Dragon is just displaying its interest in your 'Virgin Norito Hasegawa'

;-)

N to see NH in bloom, I have a few seedlings. I would love to get JD but in general I find that parvi primaries are hard to find, at least in Canada.
Best

N to see NH in bloom, I have a few seedlings. I would love to get JD but in general I find that parvi primaries are hard to find, at least in Canada.
Best
NH and Fanaticum as well as Fumi's Delight are rather commonly available here now. Parvi x fairrieanum are very rare, though. It's been a long time since I last saw Black Diamond (delenatii x fairrieanum) and I haven't seen Golden Diamond ( I might be off on the name but it's armeniacum x fairrieanum). Jade Dragon was up for sale a few years ago and I bought all, which was just two seedlings. haha.
I wanted yellower version, so I made one myself when I had very nice fairrieanum and HN in bloom. I have a bunch of strong seedlings. It's a pity you are on the other side of the border.

NH and Fanaticum as well as Fumi's Delight are rather commonly available here now. Parvi x fairrieanum are very rare, though. It's been a long time since I last saw Black Diamond (delenatii x fairrieanum) and I haven't seen Golden Diamond ( I might be off on the name but it's armeniacum x fairrieanum). Jade Dragon was up for sale a few years ago and I bought all, which was just two seedlings. haha.
I wanted yellower version, so I made one myself when I had very nice fairrieanum and HN in bloom. I have a bunch of strong seedlings. It's a pity you are on the other side of the border.

golden dragon sent me searching ...a really nice one pictured on some japanese site http://www.orchid.or.jp/orchid/society/akashi/1997/97show/97exh11.jpg ...most others i found were mostly ugly ducklings...

"I have a bunch of strong seedlings."... hmmmm.... i am only on the other side of your border in PA... any extra seedlings looking for a new home? ;-) PM me?

i wonder what franz glanz on fairrieanum would look like... :)

golden dragon sent me searching ...a really nice one pictured on some japanese site http://www.orchid.or.jp/orchid/society/akashi/1997/97show/97exh11.jpg ...most others i found were mostly ugly ducklings...

"I have a bunch of strong seedlings."... hmmmm.... i am only on the other side of your border in PA... any extra seedlings looking for a new home? ;-) PM me?

i wonder what franz glanz on fairrieanum would look like... :)

Yeah, for some reason, there are only one or two photos of Golden Diamond when I search on the internet. Much less common than Black Diamond or Jade Dragon. I wonder why.
By the way, that photo shows very nice example with wide segments. My hope is that my seedings will bloom out nicely with decent shape and yellow color.
I do actually have quite a few things to sell, but I am reluctant to even go to the post office at the moment, so we will have to wait for now.
Thanks for your interest, though.

I'm just going to wait for now. I do have quite a bit to dump out, but my plan has been totally ruined by this outbreak. lol
Thanks for your interest!

Latest posts

Back