Vini

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
It's amazing 25% charlesworthii comes through in this one very nicely! :)
I bought three of the same cross in bud last year. All of them blasted but all grew second fan shortly after.
This is the first one to bloom, and the most vigorous one of the three.
It already has a third growth coming up.

The other two are in low sheath. Hopefully as dark and pretty as this one. :)

Iko Iko x Satchel's Legend

ql8hMgfl.jpg

MuxrJv1l.jpg

Extremely nice. I'd like to know how long the flower will hold up. I'm wonder if the charlesworthii will make the flower last longer.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm tempted to part with the other two of the same cross since I like this one a lot, but I am very curious to see the others come into bloom and compare.

The leaves are much darker on them like typical of maudiae x charlsworthii hybrids, and I assume this means they will be dark.
I have seen coloratum flowers out of this cross, and this plant on the thread has very green leaves, so all the more surprise when I saw the big dark bud emerge. :)

Now, someone is selling a flask of vini x charlesworthii, which is very tempting. Oh, wait, I don't have space! hahaha

Very nice red one! Does it still held his dorsal flat?
Oh, and a pic of the whole plant would be nice to see the green leaves.

It's been open for only three days or so. Still flat, but time will tell.
This is a quarter charlsworthii.
I had half charlesworthii half maudiae type hybrids in the past. All of them twisted around in just a few days after opening up. Most had smaller flower with elongated dorsal rather than circular like this one.

So, the leaves look typical of maudiae type hybrids. I didn't mean plain green.
The second picture is of its sibling. The leaves are more like half charliesworthii I used to have, narrower, a lot of dark pigments on the upper side, and completely dark on the underside.

AvTSElkl.jpg

kRpTUVbl.jpg

Latest posts

Back